Confirmed with Link: Nutivaara signs 4-yr extension

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
The Blue Jackets have signed defenseman Markus Nutivaara to a four-year contract extension. Total worth $10.8m w/ $2.7m AAV (cap hit per season). Real dollars: $2.5m first three seasons & $3.3m in the final year (2021-22). Release coming shortly.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
giphy.gif

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Hell ****in yeah mother****er!!!! Good for us and good for Nuti. Behind Z and Jones probably my fav D-man on the team. Steady and effective and rarely effs up

Reactions: Mestaruus

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Has come a long way from the Torts dog house. Maybe Torts isn't all that great at deciding who should be there.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So if Cole is signed , that’s Jones , Werenski , Savard, Nuti , Cole. Will Murray be traded ? I assume Jack Johnson is not resigned . Then you have Kukan, Harrington, Gavrikov, Carlsson for the 6th spot . What a stacked defensive core we have

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I'd like to retain Murray, I can't imagine that he would be due for to much of a pay increase given his production and inability to stay on the ice since signing his last contract. Should be able to get him to resign for not much more. I'd like to keep Ian Cole as well, but I'm not so sold that we would be able to afford to keep him in the offseason, the team has to be well prepared for 2019, Panarin is going to get 8-9MM as is Bob and Werenski, who knows by that time, he might be a 7-8M D man at that point or more. They have to find a way to get out of that Dubinsky contract.

Last edited:

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So now we have 2,4M from JJ money for Cole and Murray rise. Harrington probably/hopefully will be shipped for late pick.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
From a scouting perspective Nutivaara wasn't a hidden talent to be found as has been lately cherished but a breakthrough player who in the season when he was drafted was playing a key role in the play-offs for perhaps the best team of that year. Golden helmet Joonas Donskoi for example was a NHL-ready player from that very same team. That team where he shined also happened to be one of the best in Afroeurasia, personnel and play included. So Nutivaara wasn't off the map but written on it.

Reactions: thebus88

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
It's not Jarmo's way of doing things, but I was kinda hoping for a long 8 year deal at say 3.8M. It would a bit more risky, and of course more expensive the first 4 seasons, but you wouldn't have to worry about that Atkinson/Dubinsky/Foligno late 20s UFA contract scenario Jarmo really struggles with. Still though, this is a great contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad