Pre-Game Talk: Nucks @ Sens: The Return of the Karlsson [CONFIRMED] | 730 Tueday Oct 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
i don't think per 60 is necessarily a good measure. He stays longer on power plays so he's pacing himself. Possession suffers because the first face-off and easiest possession represents a smaller portion of his PP. You can see how reliant the Sens are of him on the PP so he's the focal point of the opposition.

I don't think it's about pacing himself so much as Quality of teammates. If he's out there for more time, odds are he's double shifted meaning he's spending time with unit 2. His pts per 60 would likely be better if he's only out their with the teams top unit.

Having said that, the guy was 7th in PP pts/60 in 16-17 among D with 100+ mins. Seems an odd time to complain about his PP production,

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
I don't think it's about pacing himself so much as Quality of teammates. If he's out there for more time, odds are he's double shifted meaning he's spending time with unit 2. His pts per 60 would likely be better if he's only out their with the teams top unit.

Having said that, the guy was 7th in PP pts/60 in 16-17 among D with 100+ mins. Seems an odd time to complain about his PP production,
to be honest I never checked for last year and maybe even the year before. So if things have improved then we can leave him where he is.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I think the argument is that he is bad on the pp relative to his even strength dominance.

And I'd agree, Karlsson is one of the best power play players in the world, but he looks better/is better 5 on 5.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
to be honest I never checked for last year and maybe even the year before. So if things have improved then we can leave him where he is.

Last year was his best year in terms of pts Per min, I believe, though the teams PP as a whole still struggled. It's also worth pointing out his time on the PP per game dropped to the lowest since his rookie year last year too .

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Honestly, I'm tired of listening to all this talk about Karlsson, hockey is a team game & one guy doesn't make a team. Just like I'm sick of hearing about Crosby, Mathews & Ovechkin all the time, personally I'd take Malkin over any of them & people say I don't like Russians but I like Malkin he is exactly what this team could use. Hopefully, Brown turns into that big centre this team needs.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Honestly, I'm tired of listening to all this talk about Karlsson, hockey is a team game & one guy doesn't make a team. Just like I'm sick of hearing about Crosby, Mathews & Ovechkin all the time, personally I'd take Malkin over any of them & people say I don't like Russians but I like Malkin he is exactly what this team could use. Hopefully, Brown turns into that big centre this team needs.

We all know the reason you aren't high on Karlsson, Matthews and Crosby is because they aren't 6'6'' 260pds super physical forwards.

We also all know you like Malkin because he is big and can be physical and that you like Brown now because he's tall but won't like him that much going forward because he's just not the type of guy that plays physical even if he's bigger.

Reality though is that physicality is an asset for sure, but it has no correlation with success. I agree with you that people talk too much about certain players when it's a team game.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

Crosby over Malkin 10/10 days of the week.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Strawman argument there as I didn't says he was mediocre in terms of PPP, but mediocre in terms of Power Play points per 60 minutes.

You don't even remember what YOU wrote????

he has been scoring at 5v5 but his powerplay points have been mediocre compared to his peers.

Are you even serious???

Strawman argument...lol, you're hilarious.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
And were you impressed with Burrows response?

Where is the feisty Burrows that played in Vancouver?

Did the Senators sign him to a retirement package?
The one thing that excites me was burrows potentially biting people and then Canucks fans came in and "reassured" us that he should actually not dirty. As if that would make us feel better about it

Reactions: NyQuil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad