Half-Assed GDT: Nucks Blues: Its been 83 years since the last game it feels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
maybe it was Faulk holding Krug back

I feel like Faulk has been out of sync most of the year for whatever reason, and after the first month of the season Krug has been playing his best defensive game since joining the Blues. He deserves a lot of the criticism he got in the past but he's been very solid lately.

The Blues have been playing like a tighter 5 man unit since the coaching change, that's for sure. Perunovich is hitting his stride, Saad looks like his old self again and what more can you say about Thomas, Parayko and Binner? They've been the pillars all season long. Bonus shout out to Sundqvist because his defensive contributions have been huge this year.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
A solid home win for The Blues. I'll take it. Nice to see Parayko score. The Blues really dominated in the faceoff circle. Kessell was solid. Binnington played well. Thomas keeps rolling. Surprising to see Walker in the lineup. I read that Vrana was called up after scoring 7 goals in 8 games at Springfield. I'll be curious to see how he'll play and fit into the lineup.
unfortunately, it sounds like Vrana will be on the 4th line.. which will basically neuter any productivity he might bring

square peg.. meet round hole

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
unfortunately, it sounds like Vrana will be on the 4th line.. which will basically neuter any productivity he might bring

square peg.. meet round hole
I’m on the fence about this. On one hand, I think he needs to earn his way up the lineup. On the other hand, if you’re invested in someone’s success, you need to put them in the best position to succeed.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I’m on the fence about this. On one hand, I think he needs to earn his way up the lineup. On the other hand, if you’re invested in someone’s success, you need to put them in the best position to succeed.
I think Bannister wants to see if Vrana is working on what he was asked to improve upon, which is helping his team when he doesn't have the puck - that is backcheck, forecheck, go to the net for making screens an batting in rebounds, hustling in all 3 zones. etc. He will, indeed, need to work his way up the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad