Half-Assed GDT: Nucks Blues: Its been 83 years since the last game it feels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Yeah, Perunovich has outstanding offensive instincts. It's just that he's so offensively-focused that he'll ignore the defensive part of the game because he's trying to do so much on offense, and it's been happening for so long that it shows when he just has to play basic defense.

Talking about Lauren MacInnis: [paraphrasing, but it's pretty close] "she's the 2nd MacInnis to play professional hockey, after her father."

Wow, f*** you Ryan and your 27 NHL games (and your 299 AHL games).
He's made a few nice plays boxing out players coming down the wings, but he doesn't have the speed to do it every time. He's also tiny, so he's never going to outmuscle guys. If he ever wants to be taken seriously in the top 4 (which will likely never happen), he's going to have to develop a Petro level stick checking if not greater. That or he's going to have to score 60+ points for people not to care.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
No goalie.. get Peru a goal

Schenn lost the draw.. had a clear chance at a puck basically passed right to him by Vancouver but missed it…

+1 overall

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
He's made a few nice plays boxing out players coming down the wings, but he doesn't have the speed to do it every time. He's also tiny, so he's never going to outmuscle guys. If he ever wants to be taken seriously in the top 4 (which will likely never happen), he's going to have to develop a Petro level stick checking if not greater. That or he's going to have to score 60+ points for people not to care.
I am glad you pointed that out. I have seen a few posts describing Perunovich as a great skater, but my eye test does not confirm that. He is an average skater. Combine that with his lack of size, and you have a recipe for liability on defence.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
I am glad you pointed that out. I have seen a few posts describing Perunovich as a great skater, but my eye test does not confirm that. He is an average skater. Combine that with his lack of size, and you have a recipe for liability on defence.
I think is he a good skater, but he doesn't have top end speed or acceleration. I'd say yea, probably an average to below average skater in those respects, but what he doesn't have in speed and acceleration, he makes up for in very good agility, edges, and footwork. I could be wrong, but I think that may be what posters are referring to when saying he's a "great skater" but idk

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
our D looked very sound tonight, and had lots of good simple plays, a lot of good reads without the puck in both ends
seems like the other 5 D have all elevated their game with Faulk out, and Kessel has looked solid

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Schenn finishes with a +2. The one shot he had going down the wing I would say is the only offensive chance he actually created.

The one timer on the PP is a chance but it definitely wasn’t really dangerous and he was just standing still.

There wasn’t one play all game long that he created a dangerous chance for another player.

I would say this is fairly close to his average game. If he gets offensive chances it’s due to another player’s hustle, for the most part.

His skating is at or just below the league average. I would go with a little below.

He is still physical, but definitely not over physical.

There’s no chance he should be a 2C on a contending team. I have said for years he shouldn’t play C at all unless you want to park him in front of the goalie on the PP. He’s actually had success historically in that position.

He lacks a lot of intangibles that centers need . Add to that the lack of foot speed, and it makes playing the 200 feet game even harder for him.

our D looked very sound tonight, and had lots of good simple plays, a lot of good reads without the puck in both ends
seems like the other 5 D have all elevated their game with Faulk out, and Kessel has looked solid

I thought Kessel looked solid as well. He made the simple plays and looked poised.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
All these mid season wins are killing my top 8 draft pick dreams. With as well as our forward prospects are playing, man i would love to add a top D from this upcoming draft to that core. I hated the coaching change for this reason. Let Berube finish the year, even if the team flounders a bit more. Move on from him in the offseason when you can do a more thorough coaching search. We would have avoided any sort of wins surge from this coaching change. Probably gonna cost us 3 or more spots at the draft. Hated DA's decision on the mid-season change.

Reactions: Cotton McKnight

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
A solid home win for The Blues. I'll take it. Nice to see Parayko score. The Blues really dominated in the faceoff circle. Kessell was solid. Binnington played well. Thomas keeps rolling. Surprising to see Walker in the lineup. I read that Vrana was called up after scoring 7 goals in 8 games at Springfield. I'll be curious to see how he'll play and fit into the lineup.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
A solid home win for The Blues. I'll take it. Nice to see Parayko score. The Blues really dominated in the faceoff circle. Kessell was solid. Binnington played well. Thomas keeps rolling. Surprising to see Walker in the lineup. I read that Vrana was called up after scoring 7 goals in 8 games at Springfield. I'll be curious to see how he'll play and fit into the lineup.
Would’ve been better if Thomas wasn’t slacking off and only winning 61% of his draws tonight. :naughty:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Would’ve been better if Thomas wasn’t slacking off and only winning 61% of his draws tonight. :naughty:
Remember when Thomas first came up and was weak on faceoffs? i was hoping he'd work on that and become passable at it over a 2-3 year period. And he did. Now, if Kyrou could do that with his scoring moves and shots on breakaways, and his defensive play (which I'll admit he is trying hard and doing better, now)......

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Krug-Kessel pairing was the only pairing to have more shot attempts for than against. They did it against Pittsburgh as well. Kessel has been pretty steady back there.

Kessel hasn't looked bad at all. Besides his one really bad turnover, I thought he played a solid game tonight and the night before.

Reactions: Blueston
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Krug-Kessel pairing was the only pairing to have more shot attempts for than against. They did it against Pittsburgh as well. Kessel has been pretty steady back there.
I don’t think he’s got huge upside, but I do like what I’ve seen out of his game in his short stints. I definitely think he’s good enough to play a third pairing role.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Krug-Faulk is a complete train wreck. I f***** hate that pairing. It was time to break them up, injury or not.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad