Confirmed with Link: [NSH/PHI] Hartman and 4th* round pick for Simmonds

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'll probably be futilely beating this drum til the season's over. Can we please re-sign Brian Boyle (even if just one year at a time)?

If anyone is wondering, Boyle and Simmonds were rookies together in LA 10 years ago. That explains why they greeted each other like they were already friends. It's nice to see them reunited.

Reactions: Gh24

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Interesting note that Philly was the aggressor to seek out Hartman in that deal.

I would expect that the same would be said for Fenton calling about Fiala. It was reported Fenton was enamored with him.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Interesting note that Philly was the aggressor to seek out Hartman in that deal.

I would expect that the same would be said for Fenton calling about Fiala. It was reported Fenton was enamored with him.
Poile said on the radio that the deal was initially Fiala + going to Minnesota but with how things unfolded yesterday it drove the price down to a 1 for 1 swap.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Poile said on the radio that the deal was initially Fiala + going to Minnesota but with how things unfolded yesterday it drove the price down to a 1 for 1 swap.

Wow. Kinda surprised Poile threw Fenton under the bus like that, if thats how he said it. Would have expected a "we werent going to give up a Kevin Fiala unless we got a return like Mikael Granlund" type statement.

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
If nobody has done it yet for the Flyers fans someone needs to post the .gif of Hartman jumping up and down and pointing to his nuts in the playoffs last year. That will forever be how I remember Ryan Hartman
https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DbHYraWWsAAUNmx.mp4
If nobody has done it yet for the Flyers fans someone needs to post the .gif of Hartman jumping up and down and pointing to his nuts in the playoffs last year. That will forever be how I remember Ryan Hartman

All I can find is this mp4 link... https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DbHYraWWsAAUNmx.mp4
DbHYraWWsAAUNmx.mp4

Reactions: Gh24

Kingnut

Jul 17, 2013

Yeah, Kings fan here rooting for the preds. I remember when we drafted these guys and watched them before they were traded away. Hope the 2 of them can help you guys get the hardware! Big Simmons fan.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I was concerned with Simmonds speed before but with Granlun on the other wing and Turris in the middle it will make for a solid line and both will help the special teams. Granlunds with one more year on contract and Simmond needing one next year put him in a place of a true rental since Josi needs a contract the same year Granlund does. Places more tread to the idea of trading PK though.

Simmonds isn’t slow. He’s starts have gotten faster since recovering from offseason surgery

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Yeah, remember when Hartman had a decent start with the Preds too? He's got potential and I'm a Flyers fan so I want him to succeed. But he just wasn't doing it here, he's got to fix what's between his ears before he can be counted on for anything more than shuffling around the bottom-6. He could be a really fine 3rd liner if he would consistently skate, hit, agitate and occasionally chip in some points. But this season he really wasn't doing any of that. I'd love to blame Lavi and say he railroaded Hartman into the 4th line, but Hartman really did that to himself this season after being given multiple opportunities to prove he was worth more.

Rm1970

Mar 8, 2018
Simmonds can’t skate and is awful. Good luck. Really liked the preds though. Great team in Nashville. - flyer fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad