Confirmed with Link: [NSH/PHI] Hartman and 4th* round pick for Simmonds

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Is it just me, or was simmonds brought in to play second line with turris and arvy/granny?

Simmonds has had way better seasons than smith.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Best of luck in the playoffs, you’ll have Flyers fans rooting for you. Hope Wayne has enough in the tank, he will be missed here.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Is hartman at least a competent third liner?
I think so. What Hartman really needs is something of a throwback coach who is willing to employ him as an old school agitator/pest riding shotgun on at least a 2nd line, though. If somebody buys into him enough that they play him with skilled players, accept the sandpaper he brings - both in terms of drawing penalties and sometimes taking "stupid" ones himself, then he could be fine. But the NHL is evolving and I don't know how many modern coaches are buying into that player archetype anymore.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Hi, I'm David. Remember that soul crushing offer sheet you made me eat? Here is Hartman... I'll take Simmonds. Thanks. Bye.
89e.gif

Reactions: bdub24

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

Well, we knew Simmonds had regressed quite a bit and is going to be here only for this spring. I still think in a playoff series he's gonna help us more than Hartman would, and honestly outside the first 15 games or so, Hartman was invisible out there.

Wish him the best in Philly, but he couldn't deliver when we needed him to and Simmonds fits our needs better. We have a bunch of guys just like Hartman but pretty much none like Simmonds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad