Confirmed with Link: [NSH/PHI] Hartman and 4th* round pick for Simmonds

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
For a Hartman + 2020 4th. Been big on Hartman as well but he's not delivered and clearly Lavy was not a big fan.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
wow i like it if it's just a 4th (could turn to a 3rd).

the hartman trade was a massive fail on poile's part. good to see him acknowledge that move on.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
giphy.gif

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I can't help but look at this trade and be unhappy. Mainly because I know the assets it cost to get Hartman.

But at the end of the day you can't dwell on that aspect. Gotta move forward with what you have regardless of what you cost you and leverage that value the best you can.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Also hopefully the pick is actually a 3rd in 2020. Because if it's a 4th it means we got bounced in the first round.

Reactions: Tex76

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Poile seemed to address the 2nd line and PP issues at minimal cost. Good day for Poile while preserving futures.

Reactions: GeauxPreds1

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I can't help but look at this trade and be unhappy. Mainly because I know the assets it cost to get Hartman.

But at the end of the day you can't dwell on that aspect. Gotta move forward with what you have regardless of what you cost you and leverage that value the best you can.
my take as well.

this was an easy win for a team in our position but the hartman trade last year was a big mistake. should be a lesson moving forward on trading 1sts.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
my take as well.

this was an easy win for a team in our position but the hartman trade last year was a big mistake. should be a lesson moving forward on trading 1sts.
If we hadn't traded last year's 1st for Hartman, we probably would have just ended up trading this year's 1st for Simmonds just now.

Reactions: PredsV82

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
So uh - whose moving to play LW? :laugh:

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Granlund - Turris - Smith
Jarnkrok - Bonino - Simmonds
Boyle - Sissons - Grimaldi

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
If we hadn't traded last year's 1st for Hartman, we probably would have just ended up trading this year's 1st for Simmonds just now.
That's not how you value trades. The Hartman trade blew from day 1. He got lucky that there was someone who wanted our bad fruit.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wasn't super-keen on chasing Simmonds, but at this price you can't possibly complain. The Preds weren't using Hartman anyway, he was already shuffled out of the deck. Simmonds can come in and do nothing at all, and this was still a chance well worth taking.

He'll add some size and grit, another net-front presence, and if they do have a Granlund-Turris-Simmonds line in mind, that's a fresh look I'd really like to see. If Turris can be resurrected, that'd be a big boost to the team. I mean, I'm still assuming no change to JoFA there, but at least when you have this many options on hand then that's something you could switch over to as well. Granlund ought to be able to help any line, and if anybody else kickstarts Turris, either way, that'd be some sunk costs recovered nicely.

Plus we keep Tolvanen and our 1sts. And we already added Boyle.

Surely nobody can complain about all this, right? Surely?

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
So glad we didn't give up this year's 1st, Tolvanen or Fabbro. The first Harman trade was essentially trading a late first for a more developed first, I was okay with it. It sucks that he didn't get a good shot out here, but that's the way it goes.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Good riddance Hartman, I think he has been a dressing room problem.

Super excited about Simmonds, we became a lot better team today!!

Welcome to Smashville Wayne!!!

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So uh - whose moving to play LW? :laugh:

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Granlund - Turris - Smith
Jarnkrok - Bonino - Simmonds
Boyle - Sissons - Grimaldi
If we still had Watson in the mix that'd be basically "perfection" for a mix of 12 forwards.

And then when you consider the names of our top-4 D, and the solid pickup of Hamhuis, and the way our goalies are set up for the next couple years after this... I mean that is some serious roster building right there.

Of course it has come at some expense in terms of the future. But the expense isn't as high as it could have been. That we still have Tolvanen, Fabbro, and our next two 1st rounders is a pretty big coup. And no salary cap jam on the horizon either.

I like to nitpick the work of the GM and probably spread my criticisms a little too freely at times. But it's pretty hard to complain here. They've got the horses in the stable. They just got to get them pulling the wagon together now, everything is in place on paper - but the next big trick is making it happen on ice. And Poile's finger probably starts to hover over the Panic! button on coaching next. If the coaching staff can't make this roster work, my freely-spent criticisms are likely to have a predictable focus in the off-season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad