Confirmed Trade: [NSH/NJD] Vernon Fiddler for 2017 4th Round Pick

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Not to discourage Predators fans, but Fiddlers been awful this year.

Happy to get a fourth round pick for him from a Devils standpoint, we have a few young guys like Pietila/Coleman that we can rotate into 4C.

But Vernon Fiddler knows that he's a spare part at this point. He will also be a lot of a better player in the locker room than Mike Ribeiro was. I have a reason that this trade was a kick in the posterior to Ribeiro.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Who is Fiddler? Never even heard or seen his name before.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Wow.
A fully capable low end young-(ish) starter Eddie Lack goes for a 3rd but a 35 year old battered tiny center with 3 points the whole season goes for a 4th..:help:

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Shero must have dirt on other GM's.

How was this trade done?

Shero put on blast - yo GM's who want some Fiddler, holler.
David Poile: I'll offer a 6th, we need depth.
Shero: remember that pic I got of you at the massage parlor?
DP: ok a 4th, but we even now.
Shero: ok bet.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Fiddler produced basically nothing this year, but that's par for the course on the Devils. He draws a lot of penalties and wins key draws. Definitely enjoyed his time in NJ, hope he can have some success in Nashville. :)

Steamwhistle

Nov 10, 2014
Toronto
Fiddler just takes up a roster spot for a young guy can do what he does, probably better too. Good move for the Devils.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I 100% sure Nashville has a better center than Fiddler on their AHL team. Weird giving up a 4th for him....

Flyerfan47

Jun 30, 2011
Not much. He doesnt have the longevity nor reputation Fiddler has around the league. I wouldve been stoked with a 2018 7th for Fiddler, but all it takes is one GM and Poile was familiar with him. No one is familiar with PEB

A reputation for a guy being nothing much, a 4th liner, or worse, isn't much to brag about ? You can be sure teams took notice of Bellemare before he came too the NHL, and after he knocked Matt Cooke out a couple years ago, they took notice even more.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
A reputation for a guy being nothing much, a 4th liner, or worse, isn't much to brag about ? You can be sure teams took notice of Bellemare before he came too the NHL, and after he knocked Matt Cooke out a couple years ago, they took notice even more.

He's hit 30 points several times and usually ends up somewhere between 25-30 points. Fiddler has been an elite bottom 6 player his whole career, Bellemare has not

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Getting any asset for a guy that has no future with your team and is basically just taking up a roster spot that could be used to give younger players a shot is good.

A 4th is traditionally a valuable trade chip for moving up in the 2nd round or trading for struggling prospects that may do better with a fresh start. That isn't huge in itself, but every opportunity to improve your team you add will slowly contribute to finding more diamonds in the rough.

That's a valid point, I just feel the late draft picks are valued more than what they should be on here. The likelihood of a 4th round pick amounting to much is very slim.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
:laugh: at those stoked to be getting a 4th round pick

the Devils are likely not going to be a playoff team and Fiddler is a pending UFA who has been basically useless this year. The fact that we got anything for him is a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad