Confirmed Trade: [NSH/NJD] Vernon Fiddler for 2017 4th Round Pick

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not to discourage Predators fans, but Fiddlers been awful this year.

Happy to get a fourth round pick for him from a Devils standpoint, we have a few young guys like Pietila/Coleman that we can rotate into 4C.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
This creates consistent room for blandisi and noesen. Possibly helps NSH if they are planning on no longer playing ribby at all.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Shocked he garnered a 4th. I always loved Fiddler but man oh man he fell off a cliff this season. Shero is doing good things. The stockpile of picks is fantastic.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Fiddler played his best hockey for the Preds. I don't know what he's like now but he used to be a really solid 3rd/4th liner.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Fidds is on his last legs . Even last year he in Dallas he wasn't very good. His stats look fine but his play wasn't . Bad on the dot and the PK which used to be his strengths.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Great trade for the Devils. Love Fiddler, but he hasn't played well this year except win faceoffs and help on the pk. I'm really happy getting a fourth for him.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Surprised that a player can go for a 4th rounder when they've only scored 3 points while on the wrong side of 35.

Seriously?

Fiddler is one of the most underrated hard hat/lunchpail type of depth players that can really help a team on a playoff push/run

Fiddler played his best hockey for the Preds. I don't know what he's like now but he used to be a really solid 3rd/4th liner.

He played his best with the Coyotes and Dallas.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
And why did we do this??? Salomiki is coming back soon and Harry Z has been good this year

I'm guessing that Poile doesn't want to go into the stretch and playoffs relying on too many young players in the bottom 6. Salomaki may also struggle being out injured for so long. If he, Zolnierczyk and some of the other kids meet expectations, Fiddler can be a healthy scratch and have a better attitude about it than Ribeiro would've had. If they can't meet expectations, then he can step into the lineup (as opposed to throwing some other kid into the fire), and his veteran-ness and hard work wouldn't be such a bad thing to have around the dressing room and ice in the playoffs.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Seriously?

Fiddler is one of the most underrated hard hat/lunchpail type of depth players that can really help a team on a playoff push/run

He played his best with the Coyotes and Dallas.

Maybe he was. No longer anymore though.

Wish him luck, but he fell off a cliff this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad