Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Matt Duchene signs with the Predators (7 years, $8M AAV)

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Regarding Stralman and Bobrovsky, for example, you just "those are not even close to the worst contracts". You don't provide any contracts that are worse. You don't explain why those contracts aren't terrible. They're just "not even close" to the worst contracts of the UFA period.
I explained plenty. You twist everything anyway, so you're not worth my time beyond that. I've told you this multiple times, but you just keep popping up everywhere I go.

I give you examples of Sharks players taking discounts, tell you that San Jose receives plenty of discounts, and all you can say is "they don't."
You giving one example that doesn't prove what you want it to and then being completely dishonest about how it relates to Lebanc is not providing ample evidence. San Jose does not get these types of discounts. They very rarely get discounts at all. Lebanc is an extreme outlier in every sense.

Now that a player gives them an absurd discount - one that you refer to as "the biggest discount that anybody has received ever", suddenly it's "cap circumvention, due to a "backdoor agreement" that you have no sort of evidence to provide.
The evidence is the contract itself. I am far from alone in this.

Vegas is currently spending a $11,975,000 on three players who they didn't select in the expansion draft;
This is not true.

There is no obsession here.
Could have fooled me.

I read all of the threads and I noticed you in this one making stupid and inaccurate comments about my team.
I made accurate comments. You decided to come in a week later and add nothing to the conversation but a snide comment, and have now decided to bring this thread off topic.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This is not true.

Perfect example here. How is it not true that Vegas is spending $11,975,000 on Max Pacioretty, Ryan Reaves, and Nick Holden? Were any of those players selected in the expansion draft?

I need you to specifically cite this with evidence before I respond to ANYTHING that you say. Once you research this and find out that it is 100% correct, maybe you will realize that that certainly isn’t the first time you made this type of response and used no evidence to defend it when you were completely incorrect.

Reactions: BrokenFace

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
How is it not true that Vegas is spending $11,975,000 on Max Pacioretty, Ryan Reaves, and Nick Holden? Were any of those players selected in the expansion draft?
Those are not the only players they have that were not selected in the expansion draft. That seemed to be what you were saying. If it wasn't what you were saying, I don't really understand why you're cherry-picking again.

Also, I notice none of those players are named Duchene. :huh:

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Those are not the only players they have that were not selected in the expansion draft. That seemed to be what you were saying. If it wasn't what you were saying, I don't really understand why you're cherry-picking again.

Also, I notice none of those players are named Duchene. :huh:

It’s not cherry picking because you do this in every thread in every argument! Every single time somebody presents a premise, you just gloss over it and say “not true”. It must be real easy to feel like you’ve won an argument when you can just incorrectly say that the premises upon which somebody else builds their argument are not true, without providing ANY sort of evidence or counter-argument.

You do realize that you are the one who took this thread off the topic of Duchene by suggesting that tax free states win every contract, right? All of this is relevant to Duchene because it’s relevant to the argument that tax free states have an unfair advantage. They don’t.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
It’s not cherry picking because you do this in every thread in every argument!
It's quite literally cherry picking. You only included the ones that fit your narrative (at least according to you).

It must be real easy to feel like you’ve won an argument when you can just incorrectly say that the premises upon which somebody else builds their argument are not true, without providing ANY sort of evidence or counter-argument.
Just because I don't want to repeat myself constantly to somebody who either ignores or twists everything into his pre-determined narrative, or comes into every thread with the same false premises and cherry-picking methods, doesn't mean I don't provide ample evidence and counter-arguments to the people that deserve it (and even to you, at least the first few times before I get tired saying the same thing).

You do realize that you are the one who took this thread off the topic of Duchene by suggesting that tax free states win every contract, right?
I did not say that. Read.

And then it was done and dead for multiple days until you came in uninvited with an unrelated snide comment against me.

All of this is relevant to Duchene because it’s relevant to the argument that tax free states have an unfair advantage. They don’t.
They do, and I've discussed it at length and explained my position multiple times in multiple threads. I have no need to do it all over again in a thread that should be dead.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Now I regret all those times I didn't buy one of those FBI caps at Dulles. Wear one of those to a bar any given Saturday night and - boom - instant fun factor. :dunno:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
so, I admit it. i'm entirely stat watching and haven't been able to catch any Preds games lately.

but...

Duchene has 1 goal. 0 assists. 1 point. this entire month. He has 2 goals in the last 12 games. Has the 7th most TOI (aside from the goalies) on the team.

what is going on? I absolutely love dutchy. and wish so badly he was with the Jackets still. but.. what the heck.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
so, I admit it. i'm entirely stat watching and haven't been able to catch any Preds games lately.

but...

Duchene has 1 goal. 0 assists. 1 point. this entire month. He has 2 goals in the last 12 games. Has the 7th most TOI (aside from the goalies) on the team.

what is going on? I absolutely love dutchy. and wish so badly he was with the Jackets still. but.. what the heck.

It's the Duchene special. His hot and cold patches of the season are very noticeable.

Reactions: tucker3434

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Seems like he is scoring on his usual pace.

Last edited:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Duchene has always been a 55-70 ish pt player with occasional flare up seasons of production. Not sure why people want to debate why he's not setting the world on fire now that he's settling in to his career averages after playing for his last big contract and having a career year

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think it has also messed a little with his chemistry with the Preds having Forsberg, then Arvidsson, now Granlund injured, and their ongoing internal struggle over where and how to deploy Turris. It has left Duchene on a bit of a carousel, and sometimes getting shuffled to wing. I doubt that's quite what he envisioned, and certainly not the way things were in his fast start in October. I think he's playing ok despite the latest slump in production, though. The whole team was a mess for large swaths of the last 6 weeks or so, it's hard to really single anybody out.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I wonder on how many teams Matt Duchene can play and have his production excused by "well the whole team is playing like garbage right now". The same thing was said when he first got to Ottawa and couldn't score to save his life, and the same thing was said in Colorado when he had every opportunity to lead the team through a tough year and put up 41 whole points.

The guy is a 2C through and through. He is not who you want to lean or rely on, and teams keep overpaying for the right to do so. Colorado did a 180 as a franchise the instant he left. He's not responsible for that, but its increasingly not lost on fans who continue to observe his career.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Were people actually thinking he would tear up the league? I kinda assumed most people thought this was an ugly contract from the get go

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
He's a hot and cold / streaky player.

Always has been. He's a borderline 1/2 center imo.

A 2 center on a contender, though.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

but...

He's been a little yanked around with all the injuries to his line mates, not to mention we've desperately needed a coaching change for almost a year. The team is a mess, we've got 11 players above .50 PPG and we're still in the bottom half of the league.

October was great, November was an awful for us, December was a little better but very inconsistent.

Matt Duchene is not in the top 5 problems we need to fix this season.

Reactions: NNCbama

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Karlsson got less than the average Norris Trophy winner in the cap era on their first contract after winning the award . When you adjust for production he’s by far the lowest paid Norris winner in the cap era. And Burns, who was the clear Norris front runner and won his 4 months after signing, is by far paid less than any of those guys.

Lots of players in San Jose have taken discounts; you know that damn well as you’re in the Labanc thread crying circumvention. His contract was not the first of his kind in San Jose and it won’t be the last.

When it’s a tax free state team who gets a discount, it’s unfair because of taxes. When a tax heavy state team gets a discount, it’s circumvention. Maybe other teams just have cultures in place where players take discounts?

Congrats to the Sharks for those discounts. I guess it could’ve been worse than it already is being in cap hell, with aging declining vets signed to 5-8 year deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad