GDT: Nov 2nd - Pittsburgh @ Calgary - 7:00 PM MT - SNW

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I think Arizona is better than the Flames were at times in the pre-season. :laugh:

But what I'm saying is that the pre-season isn't a good predictive tool of the regular season. Just like (looking at Nashville, for instance) the regular season isn't a good predictive tool of the post-season.

Teams tend to make adjustments at each level, and different factors exist for each. And some guys will consciously ease up when they know there's nothing on the line.

Sure, there are examples you can point to (Calgary and Montreal, for instance) where the pre-season was a harbinger of the regular season. And there are just as many cases where teams were the opposite in the pre-season to how they started. :dunno:

It's wrong to say that pre-season doesn't matter. But what matters in pre-season isn't always going to show up to people watching the games.

I hear you but all I am saying is the problems in the pre-season are all here for us to see now.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Johnny be like
giphy.gif

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Gulutzan after we lose, "we need to be better, skate harder, cash in on the PP".

In game, sends out AHL scrubs Stajan, Brouwer and Versteeg for 15 minutes a night, giving Brouwer and Versteeg prime PP1 ice-time.

What a f***ing moron.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I said this about two games ago, but Versteeg is really overdue for some time in the pressbox

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That was a weeeak call but it's not like we'll do anything with it. Hope Tkachuk is ok

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Gaudreau calls were both on point.
Tkachuk call was a phantom penalty, which means we should brace ourselves for multiple phantom penalties the other way in the 3rd to get back to status quo.

Eh, Gaudreau got his stick knocked out of his hands on a routine stick-lift, in my opinion. He must have had a really loose grip on it.

But I agree. I don't understand the "roughing" call by the refs there. That's a straight cop-out unless they thought it was a dirty way to hit him, like punching him or something in the process. Only thing they could remotely call there would be boarding.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Can we go back to having poor goaltending, but be able to score goals?

This 0-0 stuff game after game is boring as hell.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Aside from the 3M line + Gio/Hamilton pairing (who have been incredible), the Flames are getting crushed 5on5

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Yeah when Versteeg doesn’t score, he’s virtually useless.

We should have a left hand shot for one times on the PP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad