GDT: Nov 2nd - Pittsburgh @ Calgary - 7:00 PM MT - SNW

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Stajan and Brouwer leading the Flames forwards with ice-time.

The 3rd line out after the PK is over, "4th line".

How

****ING HOW IS STAJAN, BROUWER OR VERSTEEG A BETTER OPTION OVER LITERALLY ****ING ANYONE ELSE ON OUR TEAM.

I can't take it anymore, game after ****ing game I have to watch Dallas Eakins coach this team. ****ing over it. I dedicate my time to watch the Flames, but just end up watching our trash donkey 4th line.

Also, solid broadcast Sportsnet.

Actually?

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
There's a minute left in the period, lets send out the worst line in hockey who are having their worst game of the season.

Reactions: lightstorm

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.webp

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Stajan, Brouwer, Versteeg and even Bennett with more ice-time than Tkachuk that period. Tkachuk was actually the 10th forward out there for ice-time.

Stajan with 4th most ice-time, Brouwer with 5th most.

Treliving needs to step in and send all these clowns to the AHL because our beyond useless coach is way too stupid to actually do anything about it.

Technically speaking, Versteeg-Stajan-Brouwer are our 2nd line.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Outshot 19-8 from a team on a back to back gtfo

Penguins: Hi, we've been beaten 10-1, 7-1, 7-1, 5-4 on the 2nd of b2b's, we aren't very good on the 2nd night.

Flames: LOL OK BUDDY, we won't play then.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
You think the Flames are better than they were in the pre season?

The signs were all there

I think Arizona is better than the Flames were at times in the pre-season. :laugh:

But what I'm saying is that the pre-season isn't a good predictive tool of the regular season. Just like (looking at Nashville, for instance) the regular season isn't a good predictive tool of the post-season.

Teams tend to make adjustments at each level, and different factors exist for each. And some guys will consciously ease up when they know there's nothing on the line.

Sure, there are examples you can point to (Calgary and Montreal, for instance) where the pre-season was a harbinger of the regular season. And there are just as many cases where teams were the opposite in the pre-season to how they started. :dunno:

It's wrong to say that pre-season doesn't matter. But what matters in pre-season isn't always going to show up to people watching the games.

Jags68

Oct 16, 2017
Phil f'n cheeseburger Kessel can deadlift 500lbs??

Yeeow another PP lets get one boys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad