Series Talk: North Division Round 1: Leafs (1) vs. Canadiens (4)

Series Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Honestly we should be humble and modest and see what happens. No guarantees.

I feel you, though. I was 13 last time we won a series.

Yeah, we're definitely the better team but this core hasn't been out of the first round yet and didn't even make the playoffs last year. Let's just stay humble and hope the Leafs deliver.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Let them play as much as they want. No need for PP. Scared if they call too many plays we will lose because of our inability to score on the PP.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
So this is the lineup?

Foligno - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Nash - Mikheyev
Thornton - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott

Campbell
Andersen
Rittich

Extras (How many?):
Forwards:
Alex Galchenyuk, Pierre Engvall, Adam Brooks, Nick Robertson, Stefan Noesen, Denis Malgin
Defence: Ben Hutton, Timothy Liljegren, Martin Marincin

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
As a Hab fan, I’m cheering for you guys to completely dominate us in 4 games. I want my coach fired, my GM fired, and my president to f*** off. Don’t even give us a single chance in any of the games - we have no business being in the playoffs (and this, at least two years in a f***ing row, if not way more) and this shit show has got to stop.

And PLEASE, destroy the Oilers in the second round. I can’t f***ing stand them. And beat the f***ing States (bring back the Cup where it belongs, here in Canada). I stand loyal to my country (minus the Edmonton Oilers).

Just win.

tenor.gif

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
As a Hab fan, I’m cheering for you guys to completely dominate us in 4 games. I want my coach fired, my GM fired, and my president to f*** off. Don’t even give us a single chance in any of the games - we have no business being in the playoffs (and this, at least two years in a f***ing row, if not way more) and this shit show has got to stop.

And PLEASE, destroy the Oilers in the second round. I can’t f***ing stand them. And beat the f***ing States (bring back the Cup where it belongs, here in Canada). I stand loyal to my country (minus the Edmonton Oilers).

Just win.

tenor.gif

You are certain you are a Habs fan?

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
So this is the lineup?

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott

Campbell
Andersen
Rittich

Extras (How many?):
Forwards:
Alex Galchenyuk, Pierre Engvall, Adam Brooks, Nick Robertson, Stefan Noesen, Denis Malgin
We need Bogosian in for Dermott as soon as he is ready.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
We need Bogosian in for Dermott as soon as he is ready.
The defense really hasn't been worse without him. I don't really see the need to rush him in if Sandin/Dermott/Hutton/Liljegren are still playing decent. Make sure that concussion is 100% better.

If Muzzin and Brodie go down you definitely need a PK guy, but otherwise I'm fine if Dermott plays instead.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
The defense really hasn't been worse without him. I don't really see the need to rush him in if Sandin/Dermott/Hutton/Liljegren are still playing decent. Make sure that concussion is 100% better.

If Muzzin and Brodie go down you definitely need a PK guy, but otherwise I'm fine if Dermott plays instead.
Bogosian's heavy presence would be much more useful than the Phantom Dermott in the post season.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
Leafs in 5.
If we lose to Montreal.... This Montreal team, I would expect MAJOR changes for next season.
A Marner or Nylander trade, depending on playoff performance, would be a certainty if we don't win two rounds.

Rielly could also get the boot.

But let's not even mention this. Playoffs baby!

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I am stoked for this. Just hope our boys come to play and that the refs decide to call it evenly. Either let both teams play or call it all both ways. If they do then the Habs will simply be outgunned.

Is is just me or did the Habs flip and flop a lot in the last 3 games that we played vs them? Andersen was especially noticeable, such a big strong man was falling to the ice every time a stiff breeze hit him. I think the Habs were practicing with their diving to see what they can get away with.

What we know is the Habs are gonna dive and dive a lot, they can't out skill us 5 on 5, their only hope is to draw a lot of PP chances, Perry is going to crash the crease a lot, he tends to get away with it but a the same time he has a reputation for head hunting goalies. Andersen is going to run our players a lot. Price is the wild card, which guy shows up? The all world goalie that got him that big contract or the other guy?

Reactions: The Cobra

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
So this is the lineup?

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Dermott

Campbell
Andersen
Rittich

Extras (How many?):
Forwards:

Yep but I would switch Thornton with Brooks.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Let's skate hard in the first shift and slice and dice Price for good. We win in 4 and do the same to Edmonton in the next series.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
A Marner or Nylander trade, depending on playoff performance, would be a certainty if we don't win two rounds.

Rielly could also get the boot.

But let's not even mention this. Playoffs baby!

Can see them trading a guy who will probably finish 3rd -4th -5th in the scoring race and is connected at the hip with Matthews.

Nylander on the other hand, complimentary scoring that has flashes of brilliance and long stretches of who gives a *uck effort.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Love the confidence on this board (even if I've been burned too many times to feel it myself). We need to remember nothing comes easy in the playoffs.
Cup starved veterans that'll step up physically when it matters..that's why they're here. Look down the bench or across the room at Thornton and Spezza. They're there to be leaders for these young guys, and a reminder that it goes by fast. You'll see the desperation in their games when push comes to shove. Love the way this team is constructed around the edges. Can't wait to get this started!

Reactions: Brown Dog

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Is is just me or did the Habs flip and flop a lot in the last 3 games that we played vs them? Andersen was especially noticeable, such a big strong man was falling to the ice every time a stiff breeze hit him. I think the Habs were practicing with their diving to see what they can get away with.

What we know is the Habs are gonna dive and dive a lot, they can't out skill us 5 on 5, their only hope is to draw a lot of PP chances, Perry is going to crash the crease a lot, he tends to get away with it but a the same time he has a reputation for head hunting goalies. Andersen is going to run our players a lot. Price is the wild card, which guy shows up? The all world goalie that got him that big contract or the other guy?
I don’t think that Price exists anymore.
Not the all world version anyway.

He can be good but if the team falters he can be had if you just keep coming. It’s not a Hasek unbeatable thing. He can’t carry a team all by himself anymore. Habs wouldn’t even be a playoff team in 82 Atlantic division.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007

He can be good but if the team falters get can be had if you just keep coming. It’s not a Hasek unbeatable thing.

We have to not try to pass the puck into the net. Sometimes we have a tendency to get too cute and that won't fly in the playoffs.

Reactions: The Cobra

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We have to not try to pass the puck into the net. Sometimes we have a tendency to get too cute and that won't fly in the playoffs.
We need to play with a hunger of wanting that first playoff series win. Let nothing stand in the way regardless of opponent. Then build on that feeling and confidence.

This is a prime opportunity to get that monkey off our back in this format.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

He can be good but if the team falters get can be had if you just keep coming. It’s not a Hasek unbeatable thing.

Yeah I think Superstar Carey is gone too but there are those stories about those old grey hair long toothed players that find god mode in the playoffs for one last hurrah, not that Price is old but he is probably on the downslope of his career. Like take me for example, I'm on the down slope of my years, getting a little long in the tooth, yesterday I was playing pool watching a game and I thought can I walk all the way upstairs to the fridge to get a beer? Lesser men would have thought nope, can't be done but I powered through the climb up 13 steps to get all the way to the fridge... now in my younger years, I might have not had the old man determination to power through that climb but hey Old man determination will beat young man effort every time ... :)

Joking aside, the Habs are less at every position than us but that is what can be their advantage, they have nothing to lose, they can play all loosey goosey, the pressure is on us to not choke.

Reactions: The Cobra and Pinto

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I would be worried if this were a Julien coached team -- I just can't fathom the Habs pulling this one out.

The Leafs are hungry and have been all year. The time is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad