Series Talk: North Division Round 1: Leafs (1) vs. Canadiens (4)

Series Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'd say Leafs in 3 but don't want to look like an ass when we sweep. Accidently voted leafs in 5 but it's gonna be broom sticks

It's gonna be a bunch of bad amateurs vs the best team in the NHL. Time for the cup. Super hyped this year.

I've never seen the leafs play hockey in the 2nd round in my life. Can't wait till that feeling comes and quickly is reached by a Cup parade (fingers crossed, that this is allowed)

Go leafs Go
Honestly we should be humble and modest and see what happens. No guarantees.

I feel you, though. I was 13 last time we won a series.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I'm saying sweep because i believe these boys are on a mission.

The league is about to take notice of what our Toronto Maple Leafs are capable of.

Whatcha gonna do, when the Toronto Maple Leafs run wild on YOU.

The league gojng to be in awe over how many first round exits in a row we’re capable of!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
We are the clear favorites and should win comfortably, but I think with our playoff struggles, the first series win will likely be a tough battle and we will be tested. Honestly I wouldn't he surprised if it's a long series.

Reactions: The Cobra

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I love that we are already the likely first round upset on the stanley cup playoffs thread. Not surprised at all when I saw the "who would be first round upsets" may as well been called "do you think the Leafs will lose round one" lol

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Should be an easy win on paper but this is playoff hockey. Could go 6 or 7.

upload_2021-5-12_0-43-52.jpeg

Leafs simply cannot lose this.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
I love that we are already the likely first round upset on the stanley cup playoffs thread. Not surprised at all when I saw the "who would be first round upsets" may as well been called "do you think the Leafs will lose round one" lol

Leafs are the most loved and hated team in the NHL.

Real talk- the upsets i can honestly see happening are:

Isles beating the Pens (Pens have mediocre goaltending, Isles tend to surprise in the postseason)

Florida beating Tampa (Tampa much like us tend to underperform in the playofffs. Florida is very underrated and have great goaltending)

Regular season means NADA. A team can sweep another team in the regular season, but end up being swept by the same team they owned in the regular season. The real courage and guts come out in the playoffs. Unlike the NBA, the NHL playoffs is all up in the air and much more unpredictable. Anything can and WILL happen. Much like baseball.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Going to be a good series and I see Leafs in 5 or 6. Habs just have not been playing good hockey for over 2 months. If Nucks didn’t have COVID, they might not even be in the playoffs.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Going to get hate for it but this will not be easy, IMO. I could see an upset, Anderson and Caufield worry me.

But regardless, f*** the Habs
Definitely wont be easy but we can and will pull this off.

I expect every game to be close.

Leafs in 5 or 6

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Ben Huttons hit on Anderson.

Was perfect. Anderson, landed into the boards, so heavily.

I respected, both players, our guy and Anderson.

That was old time hockey.

I have one guarantee, first round for us. Going to be a hell raiser

Anderson, that is a hockey player.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
All the pressure on the Leafs.

Montreal will come hard and desperate. We need to hammer them the first 2 games and demoralize them.

I think this is a tough series and I hope we are ready because Montreal will come at us hard. Playoffs are a different beast.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
I'd say Leafs in 3 but don't want to look like an ass when we sweep. Accidently voted leafs in 5 but it's gonna be broom sticks

It's gonna be a bunch of bad amateurs vs the best team in the NHL. Time for the cup. Super hyped this year.

I've never seen the leafs play hockey in the 2nd round in my life. Can't wait till that feeling comes and quickly is reached by a Cup parade (fingers crossed, that this is allowed)

Go leafs Go

upload_2021-5-12_1-37-32.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad