North Bay Battalion 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
dont know who is in charge of powerplay but we do need help
Yeah, they need mix up the shots a bit. Though Ertel did have a couple of one-timers last week for a change. Procysyzn, Ertel, and Arnsby can use a little work on their shot as well.
It’s the new look PK that’s really let them down the past few games.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
seems as though players think a PP is an excuse to stop skating, everyone standing straight legged. very easy to defend. Even the attempted rotations and transitions seem to be in slow motion without any effect.

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
seems as though players think a PP is an excuse to stop skating, everyone standing straight legged. very easy to defend. Even the attempted rotations and transitions seem to be in slow motion without any effect.
Not to mention the very highly anticipated and often blocked or rattles off the glass big clapper from 24 who stays out the for the full 2:00.
If it’s broke, don’t fix it?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I complain about OHL officiating as much as the next guy but this Sudbury team isn’t doing themselves any favours by constantly barking at the refs everytime they blow the whistle

190 is almost 206

Nov 11, 2022
What a gutsy win especially after losing DDV. Robertson was great but also got caught swimming a couple times.
Wakely is a warrior, reminds me of Amadio but with more jam.
Nice to get 2 wins against the Wolves in the early going. That’s a great team over there.

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
I complain about OHL officiating as much as the next guy but this Sudbury team isn’t doing themselves any favours by constantly barking at the refs everytime they blow the whistle
Just got back from the game - my takeaways on it....

1.) MUCH better power play work today - improved puck movement, less pitch-and-catch
2.) Right or wrong - there's going to be (or should be?) an answer for Sudbury's goalie interference on DDV that took him out on Wednesday. It did not look good - couldn't even put weight on his ankle/leg.
3. Im kinda surprised there wasn't more of an effort on Sudbury's part to target Arnsby. Not that it was a dirty hit on Musty - but my first thought was "Arnsby just painted a target on his own back..."
4.) I remember when Nic Sima was a part of the trade to Saginaw that brought Bloom and Hislop in and thinking - "Between Sima and Romani, NB traded the wrong guy there..." Romani is looking a like a beast so far this year and is proving a lot of people wrong....

5.) IF DDV is out long term, how does this change plans on the trade front...or does it? Me, I think (hope?!? LOL ) that if they have to go with Robertson for awhile, they may hold off on trading Ty Nelson and shore up the defence around a young goaltender.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Still can't figure out that penalty call on the DDV injury. Goalie interference? Sudbury player interfered/cross checked the Battalion player into the goalie. Sudbury player never touched the goalie.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Still can't figure out that penalty call on the DDV injury. Goalie interference? Sudbury player interfered/cross checked the Battalion player into the goalie. Sudbury player never touched the goalie.
Maybe based off the result of the play they made a call for the sake of making a call? Still doesn’t qualify as goaltender interference

Did Ty Rismond even touch the ice yesterday? He was dressed but I don’t think he recorded a second of ice time

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
1st period thoughts..

Procyszyn playing centre? He took 5 draws (2 wins) that period. Good work off the lost draw, battled in a 1v2 along the end boards and got the puck out of the pile for the secondary assist on the Battalion's first goal. Also won the NZ draw right after the goal.

Wakely and Romani connect on a half zone entry half dump and chase on the PP. Romani with good puck retrieval results in a goal from a Ty Nelson pointshot. Romani and Wakely have great chemistry together.

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
2nd period thoughts..

Procyszyn was invisible that period... until he wasn't. Great speed to streak the zone, nice vision from Nelson to somehow see and get the puck to him. Awesome finish in all alone on the goalie to keep the Battalion in the game. He's 4/11 on the draws through 2 periods.

Are we sure that Romani and Wakely aren't twins? On some Sedin telepathy shit? I wonder how many of their passes (direct or indirect) are to each other. Other than the offensive chemistry they read and react to each others forechecks very effectively.

Jul 6, 2008
GTA
Battalion came out with a great 1st shift and battled throughout the entire 3rd against a fairly deep Sudbury team. Good forecheck in the last minute to force a couple icings. Heading into the 3rd, on the road, with your backup between the pipes, it's a decent result to grab a point although you always want to touch the puck in OT.

Romani from Wakely, this is a recording.

The Green Tank

Jun 5, 2021
I support northern teams.

I believe Sudbury can make a run if they keep Toure and replace the rest of their OA’s with another OA D and F.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I support northern teams.

I believe Sudbury can make a run if they keep Toure and replace the rest of their OA’s with another OA D and F.
Many Sudbury Wolves fans want Sam Mayer. I am not sure the Petes will trade him. Also will the Wolves be willing to pay the price Peterborough would want for him? It will not be for an overage player and 4th and 5th round draft picks. They are currently in 1st in the East Division and have a chance to win it. The Petes will likely trade Owen Beck and maybe Konnor Smith to get a couple of young players and recoup many of the draft picks they traded last year. Connor Lockhart and Sam Mayer will only be traded if they get the right offer. It will not be case they will trade them for whatever they can get.

• Haha
Reactions: 190 is almost 206

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
I support northern teams. I believe Sudbury can make a run if they keep Toure and replace the rest of their OA’s with another OA D and F.

3 potential options:
Toure, Anania, McCallum
Toure, Anania, Mayer
Toure, Anania, Martin

Very impressed with Wakely and Romani.. puck just seems to follow them around everywhere. Also Pazii looks impressive

Last edited:
Reactions: DraftEligibleOHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad