North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Well, I ain't no Don Cherry but you would think Rangers would want to monitor how he adapts to the North American game and rinks for at least one season before plunking him in the AHL.
don't sell yourself short; I've seen your wardrobe! hahahahahahhahha

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

If the Rangers learned anything from Kovacs last season (2-10-12 and -27 in Hartford), you'd have to think our chances are pretty good unless he makes the Rangers, of course.

Filip has made it known he'd prefer to play another season for Zlin but the Rangers hold the cards.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016

If the Rangers learned anything from Kovacs last season (2-10-12 and -27 in Hartford), you'd have to think our chances are pretty good unless he makes the Rangers, of course.

Filip has made it known he'd prefer to play another season for Zlin but the Rangers hold the cards.

It goes Rangers, AHL, Zlin................Troops.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
That would be a huge offensive add which the Battalion could use, where did you hear this rumour? how much weight would you put in it?
It has weight, keep in mine that until we see him on the Gardens ice, it is not a done deal.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
I believe it was August 10th last year that we found out Thilander was reporting.

You would think we should find out either way about Chytil soon? :popcorn:

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
If it's happening, announce it asap. After last year's miserable season, any good news would be welcome (and might sell some ST's too).

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Would there be anyone interested in doing a gathering at some point either this season or next season. I've tried to do a mainstream post thread with little feedback would there be anyone interested in trying to reboot from North Bay that would be interested in some sort of HF board gathering.

Any input from Battalion fans would go along way to hopefully getting something started I realize that other posters have tried with little success on HFB in the past.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
are def Shoemaker....Shanker and Bruce all back as OA?

Shoemaker was traded to Guelph along with Poirier back in June for a couple forwards.

I think Jesse Saban may still be in play as a potential OA too.

Someone also previously stated on here that Shankar was told he would not be back.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm not sure why they'd take Saban over Shankar to be honest. Shankar is considerably more talented than him. Saban is a bottom pair D in this league IMO. No need to waste an OA on that.

If I had to guess it'd be Bruce, McKenzie if he's back and a goaltender.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
,,, an overage goalie got us a non playoff position..should develop one for a change.

:laugh:

No, a lousy offense paired with some key injuries--mainly Dineen's--got us a non-playoff position last season. That's not to say Moran helped the cause at all, but the goaltending was hardly the leading factor.

That said, I don't disagree with developing a young goaltender but they tend to be kind of voodoo. Even Dylan Wells, who is one of the league's top netminders currently struggled out of the gate early and needed Mancina to carry the load for a season. The Troops don't really have a prospect of that caliber right now. I think we're due to see another OA goalie this year.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Don't really expect to see McKenzie back but it would sure help matters if he did. Most fans expected him to stick in the A but something seems to have gone off the rails there. He could have a great year - didn't hurt Goodrow, who was in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad