North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
According to twitter, a busload of family and friends will be making the long haul from St. Louis to see Jake Henderson play with the Troops in St.Kitts. If he could repeat what he did vs the Wolves, they might go home happy.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Baker cant skate the OHL game.
Forhan is another 2nd round disaster.
Baker is tough to watch skate. Still gets pp time. I liked forhan with henderson and McMaster, he skated well and wasn't afraid to get after it imo I saw him as one of the brighter spots when compared to many of our other clunky 19 year olds with little upside getting more ice time.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
The Henderson group showed up nice tee shirts very loud at ties but so was the whole building hope they enjoyed the game and St.Catharies-Niagara .Whenis Butler going to bereplnaced should have had a killer instinct against a slumping team playing three in three a gusty win for the Dogs.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
forhan was more 3rd or early 4th so to take him in 2nd was putting alot of pressure on him hard worker more bottom 6 guy to me coming into his draft for ohl even though he had alot of points a bit inflated due to team he was with, hopefully he can turn it around for north bay does have ability to put up some points
Thanks foghorn, you have just confirmed what we in Troop Land have been saying all along , scouting & draft selection needs to be way better or a 500 hockey team is about all we will ever have.

Reactions: howndawg

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
As coach Butler explained it on his Cogeco show, round one of the playoffs will require the Troops to play the first four games on the road because of the Women's Curling Championship. That brings up the possibility that if they were swept by their opponent, Battalion fans would miss playoff hockey again!

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
As coach Butler explained it on his Cogeco show, round one of the playoffs will require the Troops to play the first four games on the road because of the Women's Curling Championship. That brings up the possibility that if they were swept by their opponent, Battalion fans would miss playoff hockey again!
Yeah, it would be really unfortunate to miss out on some of those games. The gate revenue isn't anything to scoff at either. But that tournament was a pretty big get for the facility so its really an 'oh well' scenario.

howndawg

Jan 24, 2009
Thanks foghorn, you have just confirmed what we in Troop Land have been saying all along , scouting & draft selection needs to be way better or a 500 hockey team is about all we will ever have.
They seem to have a better draft with the 01's. Time will tell!! Their drafting over the years has been terrible. Just check back to the 98's. What a joke that was!!

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hopefully McMaster isn't out long-term. They were definitely missing his speed on the transition against Ottawa.

Also very apparent is our lack of solid puck distributors on the PP beyond Adam Thilander. Jesse Saban just doesn't have the quickness or puck-moving ability to be effective. I wonder if Stan would consider giving one of the young guys an opportunity back there or even try running 4F-1D on that top unit.

Chmelevski looked solid out there tonight for the 67s though. Looks like a steal by the Sharks at this point.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Dear Battalion forwards not named Brazeau, Burghardt or Struthers......
try and score a GOAL!!!!!!

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Bakers skating seemed to stand out as negative tonight, has it always been rough like this? Can it be fixed
No , skating is a craft that is developed over the years ,with proper coaching , there will always be the great skater right out of the box , but Baker is not that guy.
Do you notice how hard he has to work just to get up the ice ? and when the game changes directions , oh boy , Baker is lost, Very poor technical skater , where a McMaster just floats on his blades and moves with little effort .

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
As a 67's fan, I really enjoyed the entertaining game yesterday- NB is a very honest team. Wondering if the player that was hit by Okhotyuk was injured after the big hit? On TV, it really looked like a clean hit- did it look that way in person? The announcers never made mention of the player being injured and I believe he was right back out there.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
No , skating is a craft that is developed over the years ,with proper coaching , there will always be the great skater right out of the box , but Baker is not that guy.
Do you notice how hard he has to work just to get up the ice ? and when the game changes directions , oh boy , Baker is lost, Very poor technical skater , where a McMaster just floats on his blades and moves with little effort .
Just a shame to see after e lit up the NOJHL. But man I could watch McMaster and Coe fly all day

Reactions: Uncle

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
As a 67's fan, I really enjoyed the entertaining game yesterday- NB is a very honest team. Wondering if the player that was hit by Okhotyuk was injured after the big hit? On TV, it really looked like a clean hit- did it look that way in person? The announcers never made mention of the player being injured and I believe he was right back out there.
Evans did not play another shift and missed the game in Missy tonight.

I was there and it looked like initial contact was directly to the head.

Whether intentional or not I anticipate the Ottawa player misses 10 games.

PEPSIHEAD

May 15, 2004

Could they not play “home” games out of Sudbury?
Would playing the first four games on the road mean they would get games 5,6 and 7 on home ice?

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017

If Battalions lost four in a row, fans would not be missing much

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
I guess the fans would just miss young aspiring hockey players trying their best to win. Or are those people just fans when the team is winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad