North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
Awesome come back!!!

Wow. This is going to be a great season if the intensity keeps up like this. Luke Burghardt has done fantastic these first two games. Hope he can keep the momentum.

Did North Bay switched goalies with a score of 5-2... Commentators kept saying Sime but he seemed alot taller.

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Awesome come back!!!

Wow. This is going to be a great season if the intensity keeps up like this. Luke Burghardt has done fantastic these first two games. Hope he can keep the momentum.

Did North Bay switched goalies with a score of 5-2... Commentators kept saying Sime but he seemed alot taller.

Sime was pulled with 10 minutes left.

Raaymakers is still out there, Stan.

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Filip Chytil - C - Rangers
The New York Rangers have announced that Filip Chytil is taking a maintenance day and isn't skating today.
Several Rangers players have been really impressed with the young Czech forward, saying he makes plays that 'nobody else can'. He was expected to either start the season in the OHL with the North Bay Battalation or HC Zlin of the Czech League, but is making a strong case to start in the NHL this season. With Jesper Fast set to miss the first few weeks of the regular season, there might be an open spot for Chytil.
Source: New York Rangers on Twitter Sep 23 - 12:42 PM

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Good win, sloppy at time and could have easily been a loss but the Luke's continue to impress. Dineen had a quiet night defensively (which is great, put him on and most the time no worries, smart safe plays) and a good night offensively with the gwg in ot and another on the power play both very nice shots top shelf.
Coe reminds me a lot of Eichel with laissez faire skating stride but has surprised a few already this season, deceptively fast, great stride. Had a few chances tonight including 2 grade A chances in 3 on 3 ot mostly due to his great speed. Once he gets a little confidence he will be a gamebreaker for the battalion, something they seem to lack despite the wins.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Yes, I must admit that I see great promise in this team for this season with the exception of the goaltending. I think that possibly moving Mckenzie + for a veteran goaltender to make this team a real contender this season would be in Stanley's best interest. Both current goaltenders would make great backups but are neither #1 goaltenders at this point in time.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
Good win, sloppy at time and could have easily been a loss but the Luke's continue to impress. Dineen had a quiet night defensively (which is great, put him on and most the time no worries, smart safe plays) and a good night offensively with the gwg in ot and another on the power play both very nice shots top shelf.
Coe reminds me a lot of Eichel with laissez faire skating stride but has surprised a few already this season, deceptively fast, great stride. Had a few chances tonight including 2 grade A chances in 3 on 3 ot mostly due to his great speed. Once he gets a little confidence he will be a gamebreaker for the battalion, something they seem to lack despite the wins.
...just checked roster..if math is right....he is now 15...omg..

Reactions: View from section 9

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
...just checked roster..if math is right....he is now 15...omg..

Yea about as young as you can get without exceptional player status... wont be NHL drafted until 2020. He will have some good years for the battalion once he realizes his own potential.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
I watch OHL Live and the three stars listed on the North Bay website and Twitter are different than what was announced in the broadcast. This isn't the first time I have noticed this.
Does anyone know why?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Filip Chytil update from NYR website:

With the preseason in the rearview mirror, the Rangers on Thursday trimmed their training camp roster by seven, bringing the number down to 25 a week before the regular season begins.

Among those remaining is young Filip Chytil, who impressed the coaching staff and management with his dynamic skill and quick adjustment to the NHL style.

"I tried to just play my game the whole game and every practice … I tried to have the best game, score some goals and play the system the coaches want for me," the 2017 first round pick said. "I'm really glad I'm here and it's really exciting."

Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton said like everyone who survived the cuts, the 18-year-old earned his spot on the roster through his strong play. With that said, Gorton said the evaluation process of Chytil is ongoing.

Gorton said he and his staff want Chytil to "have a positive effect on our game, on his game and on his wingers. We'll just evaluate him day to day. He knows that. We've had a conversation with him and explained it to him. As long as he's playing well [he'll remain with the team]."

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Brett Mckenzie on his way back to North Bay from Utica. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. If he stays and chytil somehow arrives, an already seemingly potent offence would get a major boost

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Just wondering if we know for sure that Brett is headed this way now that he has been released by Utica Comets. Would he have a shot at a lower rung in the 'nucks' organization or consider OUA? I have to admit to having mixed feelings, I was rooting for him to make it in pro hockey and delighted that he will / might be back here.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Not sure why Brett didn't stick with the Comets but for a Battalion team that is chronically short of goal-scoring power, having him come here is better than not having him. Playing an OA season here gives him an opportunity to have a strong year and the possibility of an ELC - it didn't hurt Goodrow, who's in the Sharks line-up for the start of the season.

Gr8northscout

Aug 29, 2012
Ontario
Just wondering if we know for sure that Brett is headed this way now that he has been released by Utica Comets. Would he have a shot at a lower rung in the 'nucks' organization or consider OUA? I have to admit to having mixed feelings, I was rooting for him to make it in pro hockey and delighted that he will / might be back here.

OUA?? Are you for real? He's an NHL draft pick and 20 years old. Give him some more chances will ya?

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
Filip Chytil update from NYR website:

With the preseason in the rearview mirror, the Rangers on Thursday trimmed their training camp roster by seven, bringing the number down to 25 a week before the regular season begins.

Among those remaining is young Filip Chytil, who impressed the coaching staff and management with his dynamic skill and quick adjustment to the NHL style.

"I tried to just play my game the whole game and every practice … I tried to have the best game, score some goals and play the system the coaches want for me," the 2017 first round pick said. "I'm really glad I'm here and it's really exciting."

Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton said like everyone who survived the cuts, the 18-year-old earned his spot on the roster through his strong play. With that said, Gorton said the evaluation process of Chytil is ongoing.

Gorton said he and his staff want Chytil to "have a positive effect on our game, on his game and on his wingers. We'll just evaluate him day to day. He knows that. We've had a conversation with him and explained it to him. As long as he's playing well [he'll remain with the team]."
After last nights game, I can't see him staying with the Rangers. He was parked after a few shifts.
Fingers crossed everyone!

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
....thought he looked overmatched...would dominate at jr level which is what he needs.....feel a bit more optimistic...

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
One game isn’t enough to evaluate Chytil’s game last night. He did look a little lost at times but then that was his first regular season game with 19,600 roaring Leaf fans at the ACC - a long way from games in the Czech Republic I suspect. He played less than five minutes so maybe after his 9th game a better picture will emerge but whether they keep him or not, I doubt we’ll see him here. It was nice to have a high pick but it would have been nicer to have a high pick that would agree to show up.

too_long

Oct 24, 2006
One game isn’t enough to evaluate Chytil’s game last night. He did look a little lost at times but then that was his first regular season game with 19,600 roaring Leaf fans at the ACC - a long way from games in the Czech Republic I suspect. He played less than five minutes so maybe after his 9th game a better picture will emerge but whether they keep him or not, I doubt we’ll see him here. It was nice to have a high pick but it would have been nicer to have a high pick that would agree to show up.
It doesn't make sense that he is there. NHL centres are usually proven before they get to play.
It shows a serious lack of depth in the Rangers system imo.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Yes we are in desperate need of a goaltender. Would be willing to trade Brett Mckenzie as he is in need of a change of scenery as his floating abilities have again reared it's ugly head. Making room for him has changed the reflection of the entire team.

Last edited:

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
agreed on the goalie sentiment. You can see the effect those soft goals have on the team, very deflating to have a few strong minutes of pressure only to have the opposition come down and put a soft one right through your goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad