North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
There is a very good goaltender on the trade market right now that Stan should be trying to acquire. Raaymakers is a goalie who's likely going to play his OA season next year so trading for him would solidify the position for two seasons.

A kid is requesting a trade (and boycotting training camp/exhibition games) because being the number one goalie isn't enough... he wants more games in net. You don't see a problem with that?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
A kid is requesting a trade (and boycotting training camp/exhibition games) because being the number one goalie isn't enough... he wants more games in net. You don't see a problem with that?

The kid is requesting a trade because he lost the starting job to Matthew Villalta, who came out of nowhere last year and became one of the OHL's top goaltending prospects. He wants to be a starting goaltender.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
The kid is requesting a trade because he lost the starting job to Matthew Villalta, who came out of nowhere last year and became one of the OHL's top goaltending prospects. He wants to be a starting goaltender.

I just go by what I read:

Whichever way goaltending starts were to be split at the beginning of the season, Raftis said he considers Raaymakers “our No. 1 goalie the way he ended the season.â€

The GM also said he expected Raaymakers to be the starting goalie in the team's regular-season opener Sept. 23 against Oshawa.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I just go by what I read:

Whichever way goaltending starts were to be split at the beginning of the season, Raftis said he considers Raaymakers “our No. 1 goalie the way he ended the season.â€

The GM also said he expected Raaymakers to be the starting goalie in the team's regular-season opener Sept. 23 against Oshawa.

Raaymakers was a kid drafted into the OHL with a ton of hype. He went undrafted in the NHL draft two years in a row and now is a 19 year old forced to share the net with a third round NHL pick.

Regardless of the GM's comments, if he wants to get noticed and have any chance of a professional career going to a team with minimal competition in net is best for the kid.

The same thing happened in Peterborough last season. Wells stole the job.

MartyHuggins

Mar 17, 2015
I have a whole section of friends, not a problem there my boy !
Don't understand what this has got to do with friends ? Guess you're missing the point again

Not missing the point at all, I have no problem getting rid tickets for games I don't attend, short notice or not!!!

Don't know the details of the Team's arrangement with the city, but it's probably the city that said no redemption nights as they want to recoup the $2.50 on every ticket sold. I'm sure the team don't care cause they will get the money at the concessions.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not missing the point at all, I have no problem getting rid tickets for games I don't attend, short notice or not!!!

Don't know the details of the Team's arrangement with the city, but it's probably the city that said no redemption nights as they want to recoup the $2.50 on every ticket sold. I'm sure the team don't care cause they will get the money at the concessions.

If I understand correctly, there is really nothing stopping STHs from getting together and creating their own version of redemption tickets. With sites like Kijiji and social media available, trading unused tickets has never been easier. Somebody just needs to try to set it up.

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
Raaymakers was a kid drafted into the OHL with a ton of hype. He went undrafted in the NHL draft two years in a row and now is a 19 year old forced to share the net with a third round NHL pick.

Regardless of the GM's comments, if he wants to get noticed and have any chance of a professional career going to a team with minimal competition in net is best for the kid.

The same thing happened in Peterborough last season. Wells stole the job.

It definitely shows a kids character when he gives up and leaves instead of fighting for his spot as #1. No NHL team wants a kid that gives up.

And by the way, regular season Save Percentage Average for Last Year:

Sime .899
Raaymaker .889

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It definitely shows a kids character when he gives up and leaves instead of fighting for his spot as #1. No NHL team wants a kid that gives up.

And by the way, regular season Save Percentage Average for Last Year:

Sime .899
Raaymaker .889

Tampa Bay apparently still saw something in him giving him a pretty long look.

He definitely lost the job last year in SSM but his 0.942sv over 10 games in the playoffs kind of shows you how goalies can be voodoo. I still see him is a much better option than Sime who I feel we'll see get regularly exposed this year being a significantly undersized goalie. Woroniuk doesn't provide much optimism either.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Chytil wins it in OT in his first exhibition game at MSG. This kid would be an enormous get if Stan could convince the Rangers to send him over.

Greatger

May 11, 2007
If I understand correctly, there is really nothing stopping STHs from getting together and creating their own version of redemption tickets. With sites like Kijiji and social media available, trading unused tickets has never been easier. Somebody just needs to try to set it up.

You can't give the tickets away :laugh::laugh::laugh:

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
I'm getting this sinking feeling that Chytil will impress the Rangers enough that the lowest he goes will be the AHL.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You can't give the tickets away :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Uhh...yep, you can. All of the STHs I know have their tickets in hand and can do whatever they want with them.

And have you ever checked on Kijiji? People more or less give them away every game.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
fresh breath

....best display of hustle, heart, compete in a year....luke x2 add speed, smarts...I am very impressed...a lot of fans missed a good game . Barrie looked stunned at times.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
It looked like the D-corps had a lot of trouble exiting their own zone, but when they did AT3 and BL22 were really bringing it on the rush. Solid win over a Colts' team that racked up 11 the night before vs. Ott. (who then picked up 2 pts. in Miss.). Agreed re: breath of fresh air from the Guelph Lukes. Power/speed move by Brandon Coe on the right wing to set up the Moncada goal was solid. Nice to see a home opener W after 4 consecutive Ls.

Entertainment value was high. How do we (they?) get bodies in the building?

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
It looked like the D-corps had a lot of trouble exiting their own zone, but when they did AT3 and BL22 were really bringing it on the rush. Solid win over a Colts' team that racked up 11 the night before vs. Ott. (who then picked up 2 pts. in Miss.). Agreed re: breath of fresh air from the Guelph Lukes. Power/speed move by Brandon Coe on the right wing to set up the Moncada goal was solid. Nice to see a home opener W after 4 consecutive Ls.

Entertainment value was high. How do we (they?) get bodies in the building?

Word should get around if it is exciting fast hockey like it was tonight. Lukes were great, Coe will be a real great OHL player. Big body, moves great, has a surprisingly soft touch and looked to have a good shot but didn't get it off tonight but made some very nice passes. He will move up the lineup no doubt. Solid all around.

New to the Battalion but why was McKenzie scratched?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Brett McKenzie

He is still in pro training camp. Van. Canucks have assigned him to their AHL Utica Comets' camp to try to make it at that level.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
The Lukes seem like a very good trade compared to what the team gave up. Both played well and Burghhardt in particular impressed me with his speed - something the Troops have lacked in the past. The new 50-50 seemed to be an improvement and the way it tracks the pot is interesting too. My only negative comment is that although 2848 is a fairly good crowd, you would think that opening night should draw a bit better than that, say 3000+. Makes you wonder what some ordinary games will draw, like next Wednesday. We've been down this road before and it wasn't fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad