North Bay Battalion 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Do they really intend to use an OA spot for the entire year on an average back-up in Hicks?
Poor choice for a team with a chance to win it all this year imo.

To be honest i think there are still a lot of dominos left before everything falls into place. Once all the NHL teams have exhausted their players junior elegability we'll all know better where everyone stands.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
redo the name...colour .make me puke, yah...mascot..a goofy trapper not scary sarge,,,entry song....Voodoos have nicer logo...revamp scouting staff..make sunday game nite..works for the shwa..shootout for $$$$$ or bigboytoys....try tape delay broadcast to bump up the crowds..

H0CKEY17

Sep 1, 2017
What just happened? How do you blow a 3-1 lead in the last eight minutes of the game, especially when they were on a power play when Barrie scored the winning goal.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
The team's motto is supposed to be 'never again'. There's a growing number of people who are saying that about buying a ticket. Will we soon see attendance in the teens?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Another 4 GA and two nights in a row they lose the game in the final two minutes. I'm not sure about trading McKenzie but this goaltending thing just keeps biting them in the ass.

Battalion Fan

Oct 12, 2017
It's very tough to keep the moral of the team up when the players know that the goaltender ,or in our case goaltenders are weak.Stan said he wanted to be patient with the goaltending.Hope he's not going to be to patient,or it could be to late!No playoff,and even fewer fans.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm not sure what Stan means by patience though. What is he waiting for? Sime to get a growth spurt? Goalies take years to develop if they ever do. Sime is 19...there's really no benefit in waiting to see if he becomes even somewhat reliable. It's his last year. We can still wait for Woroniuk as he's got another season after this and he'll still be a backup, but I'm not understanding why Stan is sticking with Sime. We're losing games we should be winning.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I'm not sure what Stan means by patience though. What is he waiting for? Sime to get a growth spurt? Goalies take years to develop if they ever do. Sime is 19...there's really no benefit in waiting to see if he becomes even somewhat reliable. It's his last year. We can still wait for Woroniuk as he's got another season after this and he'll still be a backup, but I'm not understanding why Stan is sticking with Sime. We're losing games we should be winning.

And it looks like Raaymakers, although unconfirmed is heading to London. Another option gone while our coach/GM remains patient while we lose 5 straight. #itshappeningagain

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
And it looks like Raaymakers, although unconfirmed is heading to London. Another option gone while our coach/GM remains patient while we lose 5 straight. #itshappeningagain
If that happens, this league is just a giant clusterf*** IMO. London is in the tank this year and can't buy a goal to save their lives. Trading valuable future assets for a 19 year old goalie makes zero sense for them. To steal a term from one of the London posters, it'd be akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It would've been a head-scratcher otherwise.

Team needs a starting goalie....trades away a decent depth scorer for a late pick.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Jacob Ball is no longer listed on NB roster. Any idea what's happening... thanks.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
The Czech kid had 3 pts in his second AHL game...I have officially given up on him....Barrie has Euros coming out the ying yang...we have one give away artist....go young and play their asses off..no more 19yr olds....we draft players no one wants 2 years later...

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Czech kid had 3 pts in his second AHL game...I have officially given up on him....Barrie has Euros coming out the ying yang...we have one give away artist....go young and play their asses off..no more 19yr olds....we draft players no one wants 2 years later...
He was a good gamble if we're talking quality of player. Like guys considering US college, it's a bit of a crap-shoot determining what these kids want. And you'll never get a commit if you never try, unfortunately.

That being said, I can't remember which guy I would've picked....oh right.
I'm not sure how it works (if pro teams work out who drafts who), but RW Ostap Safin would be a phenomenal pickup for us. He's a big power forward with a good shot. If the Oilers don't have him linked to the Oil Kings, he's a guy I'd target at #7.
That guy. 11 points in 11 games for Saint John.

Reactions: View from section 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad