Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
This. I also find it hilarious that they traded Wiggins for Love...that's an awful trade to make.
They got at least a ring out of the trade. Kind of like the Richards for Simmonds and Schenn trade, while La got hosed long-term you can't fault them for the short-term results.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Wiggins is also comparably bad to Love defensively and he and Lebron play the same position

Lebron needed another guy in his prime who he thought could help him now, not a rookie project who is bad defensively and only became good offensively this year (2 years post trade)

It was poor value (except for getting rid of Anthony Bennett), but I wouldn't call it a bad trade for what they were trying to do, it just didn't work as perfectly as Lebron may have imagined

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Wiggins is also comparably bad to Love defensively and he and Lebron play the same position

Lebron needed another guy in his prime who he thought could help him now, not a rookie project who is bad defensively and only became good offensively this year (2 years post trade)

It was poor value (except for getting rid of Anthony Bennett), but I wouldn't call it a bad trade for what they were trying to do, it just didn't work as perfectly as Lebron may have imagined

Love isn't exactly a superstar defensively himself either, and they have had a problem incorporating him on offense because of the huge amount of touches LeBron and Kyrie demand. I think Wiggins would have fit in more smoothly because he was a rookie. Wiggins does play the same position though. Also, it is funny that a lot of people are saying the Cavs need to get younger and more athletic now...Wiggins would have helped them with that a lot.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Wiggins is exactly the kind of player the Cavs are missing right now. Doesn't matter at all he plays the same position as Lebron considering the NBA is trending towards position-less and Lebron can literally play and defend any position. This Finals would've been more competitive with Wiggins as a Cav instead of Love. I agree with Clowe Me though that the Cavs can't really regret the trade though given it got them a title.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Plenty of Lebron haters like to bring it up all the time, he also didn't go after they got Love, but instead explicitly manufactured the trade for him upon his arrival, and I think that fact underpins Lebron's greatest failure over these past 3 years: he's a bad GM

The contracts he orchestrated for J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson are just painful, it's his fault the Cavs talent ceiling is so capped out

CLE is still a superteam, but the Warriors with Durant are a superduperteam, it's just unfair

Yep, this. Lebron the GM did a bad job with this team. He wanted to get his buddies paid and they did but as a result Cleveland has nothing to work with.

Only thing that potentially scares me is if they can get a deal done with Indiana for Paul George using Kevin Love as the main trade chip. If the Cavs were to get PG13, suddenly they're an even scarier team.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The A's traded Plouffe today for cash. I thought he was productive for them. I guess when you have the productivity of Healy, Plouffe didn't fit on the team anymore.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The A's traded Plouffe today for cash. I thought he was productive for them. I guess when you have the productivity of Healy, Plouffe didn't fit on the team anymore.

Got into a big slump and couldn't get into the lineup. They called up Chapman Thursday so the future is now.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Chris Paul going to Rockets and Paul George going to OKC. Meanwhile Lebron gets a free ride to the finals as usual. I was hoping George and Hayward went to Boston to at least give the Cavs some competition. Lebron hasn't had any competition in the East since Boston's big 3 disbanded.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
David West is back too, awesome. Only Iggy is left, but I'm just stoked Livingston is back. He's probably their most important bench player.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah Kings and Spurs. Probably will still end up with the Warriors in the end though, but it wouldn't be as big of a loss as Livingston if he left.
He used the Kings as leverage before signing in Oakland, so I wouldn't be shocked if he is doing it again.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
He will opt out next year and get his long supermax deal, makes more sense for him to take a paycut now to keep the team together and get paid + term next year.

I think he'll have another contract with player option next season, and then go for the true max with Bird rights in two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad