Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
To be fair, the Dubs caught a break with that Draymond screw-up. Should've never been called for a second technical to begin with but for them to backtrack and say the first was on Kerr was a gift.

They'll be fine in Game 5, Cavs shot historically well from three. They're not gonna win four games like that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I hope the NBA season ends tonight. Warriors better come out hot.

If they play like they did in game four they will be fine. Cleveland performed on a level that is impossible to replicate even in the short term but that Warriors play is pretty consistent with what they are.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
If they play like they did in game four they will be fine. Cleveland performed on a level that is impossible to replicate even in the short term but that Warriors play is pretty consistent with what they are.

man i would hope the warriors would play better in Game 4 so that they could uh win or something.

And not have it decided by the refs!

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I really don't understand this whole thing with Durant and leaving OKC. It's free agency, it happens and you can tell Durant really wanted a championship. Players leave via free agency all the time, just look at James and when he left Cleveland the first time.

Personally, I would have preferred Durant going to a team like Boston or (I guess) Washington as a way to challenge Cleveland. The west is stacked but the East could have used more star power. Still I'm happy for Durant and as a Warrior fan it's Great to get another title.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I can never blame a player for trying to win a championship. If they league doesn't want these super teams they should do something about it, like eliminating "Max" contract size or now allowing teams to go over and pay a tiny luxury tax.

League is the one a fault. Not Durant.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
It's funny how no one mentions that Lebron only returned to Cleveland after they got Kyrie and Love.

Funny how a team develops and drafts 3 All-Stars while another team has the highest payroll in the Association, has two players with 8x All-Star appearances (traded for one of those player's), and the best player in the world in Lebron; yet the Warriors are ruining the league.

Little do people forget all those underlying things on the Cleveland roster, coupled with the constant argument the Cavs bench is far superior. Did the Cavs bench score more than 2 points in last nights game? Wow. Amazing. Much scoring.

As for KD, dude just won the Finals MVP; further proving that the Warriors probably did need him as much as he needed them.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
The Warriors winning 2 out of 3 championships while setting the regular season record in between is so surreal, as is the thought of Golden State being an attractive FA destination for a player as good as KD, it seems like it was just 4 years ago they were still the laughing stock of the league. . . oh wait. . .

That 2015 Championship will always be the magical one, they built that team from scratch and seemingly came out of nowhere to win it all; there is a decent argument to be made that Durant ruined the trilogy, but if I was in his position I know I'd do the exact same thing, and he balled the **** out and deserved that MVP, good for him

It's funny how no one mentions that Lebron only returned to Cleveland after they got Kyrie and Love.

Plenty of Lebron haters like to bring it up all the time, he also didn't go after they got Love, but instead explicitly manufactured the trade for him upon his arrival, and I think that fact underpins Lebron's greatest failure over these past 3 years: he's a bad GM

The contracts he orchestrated for J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson are just painful, it's his fault the Cavs talent ceiling is so capped out

CLE is still a superteam, but the Warriors with Durant are a superduperteam, it's just unfair

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Plenty of Lebron haters like to bring it up all the time

CLE is still a superteam, but the Warriors with Durant are a superduperteam, it's just unfair

I've never seen a single talking head bring it up in response to criticism of Durant. Lebron haters are irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad