GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion part 3: Meet the new season, same as the old season?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Love it. Chiefs with an absolutely epic, legacy defining win. Coming back from behind in OT to win it with a TD. Mahomes already the GOAT, he could retire tomorrow and he is the best ever

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Just like how i argued for the Lions coach being aggressive, I don’t know how Shanahan can look at Mahomes across the field and think a FG inside the red zone is the right move

Or how abandoning your identity when you go up 10 is the right move. Purdy is a game manager. He isn’t a game breaker.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Over Brady, too soon for that

Way too soon, but you could argue he’s well on track (or even ahead of pace).

Gotta remember that when Brady did the 3 in 4 years thing that Mahomes just did, he was considered more of a Purdy than a Mahomes. Mahomes is doing this as the unquestioned best QB in the league. It wasn’t until the 18-1 Pats that Brady established himself at that level. Mahomes has been there for years.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Another choke by a Shanahan team.

He did because technically both teams would have possessed the ball at that point
Yep, Shanahan has now been involved in 3 SBs where his team had multiple score leads and choked them away. This was probably their last best chance to win it all. The talent will dry up when they have to pay Purdy, and if he was smart he'd be demanding a new contract right now.

Over Brady, too soon for that
nah Mahomes passes the eye test of being clearly better and his stats blow Brady's out of the water on a per game and advanced basis. Brady has longevity and team stats, neither of which I read too much into as both are heavily influenced by luck.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Way too soon, but you could argue he’s well on track (or even ahead of pace).

Gotta remember that when Brady did the 3 in 4 years thing that Mahomes just did, he was considered more of a Purdy than a Mahomes. Mahomes is doing this as the unquestioned best QB in the league. It wasn’t until the 18-1 Pats that Brady established himself at that level. Mahomes has been there for years.
Yeah. You could say hes on track to be better. But still to do what Brady did, and i hate the Pats.

Andy Reid has the argument now comparing to Landry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad