GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion part 3: Meet the new season, same as the old season?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Last one hit the 1k mark. Season starts Tuesday.

Last year was crazy shit man. Don't know what we get for an encore but one thing is for sure. The Bengals and Rams will meet again in the Super Bowl, but this time the stripey cats get it done.

Or maybe not? But that's my prediction and damn it I'm sticking to it!

Reactions: Lucky Lindy

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
As long as Tom Brady doesn't win and cries on his couch about normal things normal people deal with on the regular, I'll be good.

That said, the Panthers are still absolute garbage from ownership to GM and coach. I'll root for Baker and our best players though.

Reactions: hockeynjune

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Some shit about to go down. And hopefully it's not CMC.

giphy.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
As long as Tom Brady doesn't win and cries on his couch about normal things normal people deal with on the regular, I'll be good.

That said, the Panthers are still absolute garbage from ownership to GM and coach. I'll root for Baker and our best players though.
crying-wiping-tears-with-money.gif

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Friendly reminder from HF26's resident Browns fan. The Browns have won 1 week 1 game since "the return" in 99.

I dont know if they will add to that total this year since they didn't play their starting QB much or WO at all in the preseason and both are new to the team. They also didn't play Hunt or Chubb a single preseason snap

Reactions: Stickpucker

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Friendly reminder from HF26's resident Browns fan. The Browns have won 1 week 1 game since "the return" in 99.

I dont know if they will add to that total this year since they didn't play their starting QB much or WO at all in the preseason and both are new to the team. They also didn't play Hunt or Chubb a single preseason snap

this game will be a good test for Carolina's run D.

Speaking out of my butt I think Chubb doesn't get much done but Hunt has a good day.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
this game will be a good test for Carolina's run D.

Speaking out of my butt I think Chubb doesn't get much done but Hunt has a good day.
Depends if they actually try and establish the run. Chubb starts off with run of the mill 2-4 yard carries but when he is allowed 20 touches by the 4th quarter hes unstoppable.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Scorching hot take, Bills won the Lombardi tonight.

For real though they kicked some ass tonight even though they had some brutal turnovers, but the Rams out-turnovered them.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Well that was a good ass whoopin'. If the champs head was big coming into this year they got humbled right quick.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Early observations...

...Patriots offense is pretty bad. Again.

...ten minutes of the Bears-Niners game nearly had me actively hating this sport. Just dreadful stuff.

Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Last one hit the 1k mark. Season starts Tuesday.

Last year was crazy shit man. Don't know what we get for an encore but one thing is for sure. The Bengals and Rams will meet again in the Super Bowl, but this time the stripey cats get it done.

Or maybe not? But that's my prediction and damn it I'm sticking to it!

And Burrow can't stop throwing picks today :rolly:

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
The More You Know:

Chicago's holder on a FG attempt got called for a 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty for using a towel to sop up some water where the ball would be placed.

Also, at least half of all NFL games should be played in shitty weather.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Falcons about to choke away a 16 point lead.

Also Winston looks like a really good QB. Mariota is freaking awful. Mariota botched a snap on 3rd and short to seal it. I get no one hikes under center anymore but the ball was perfectly snapped

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad