GDT: Non-Panthers NFL Discussion part 3: Meet the new season, same as the old season?

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
That doesn’t mean someone deserves a SB. Especially when you fumble in the Super Bowl ffs
Well then what is your criteria for being deserved of a super bowl victory?
I’m rooting against the Niners because screw them, and I want to watch the bro-flakes have a meltdown when Swift comes on the field.
Never got mentally involved with the politics of the situation, but since you want to be like that can’t wait until she dumps him next week after they get beat

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Well then what is your criteria for being deserved of a super bowl victory?

Never got mentally involved with the politics of the situation, but since you want to be like that can’t wait until she dumps him next week after they get beat
Winning one

Choking. Shanahan special

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Oh yeah, I got no problem with that. I don’t give two shits about either person. Just all the nonsense around her image being on the screen for 10 seconds and how that makes some men lose their minds.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
Slow accumulation of terribleness for the Niners this half. Injuries building, no offense, and that terrible turnover. My favorite takes on this game are the ones comparing this to a Big Ten game.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Slow accumulation of terribleness for the Niners this half. Injuries building, no offense, and that terrible turnover. My favorite takes on this game are the ones comparing this to a Big Ten game.
Yeah it seems like their quarterback has forgotten how to throw passes. After the punt return debacle, looks like they are done

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
letting Butker get away is a more egregious mistake than trading away McCaffrey. Future Hall of Fame kicker and he was great here before we chose to stick with Gano. At least McCaffrey had some serious cons when we traded him away, with the injuries and massive contract for a less important position.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Sorry, just assumed everyone here was Panthers fans and dug McCafferty. Jesus Christ
I'm not speaking to McCaffrey, just in general I don't like the "x,y,z player deserves a SB/Cup/etc." There is not much luck involved, the best teams win, it's not college football where press votes on it. I just don't think anyone who doesn't a win a championship can be said to "deserve" one. It's a team sport, Dan Marino is flat out one of the best QBs of all time and didn't win one. I wouldn't say he "deserves" one, despite being better than plenty of QBs who won SB(s). I definitely don't hold it against a guy either though, it's a team sport and nobody can do it all. Certainly not in the NFL and NHL with dozens of guys contributing. In the NBA 1 player can have much more of an impact on the team outcome but it is still a team sport. And the best team and deserving team/players is the one who wins. /rant over

To the McCaffrey discussion, I'm a Panthers fan not a fan of former Panthers players after they leave. I always liked Christian here and he is a great player but I dislike the Niners and have since they were our divisional rivals, so despite liking Wilks/McCaffrey when they were here I'm not rooting for them to win it. Just my thoughts but I get those who do want CMC/Wilks to get a ring.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm not speaking to McCaffrey, just in general I don't like the "x,y,z player deserves a SB/Cup/etc." There is not much luck involved, the best teams win, it's not college football where press votes on it. I just don't think anyone who doesn't a win a championship can be said to "deserve" one. It's a team sport, Dan Marino is flat out one of the best QBs of all time and didn't win one. I wouldn't say he "deserves" one, despite being better than plenty of QBs who won SB(s). I definitely don't hold it against a guy either though, it's a team sport and nobody can do it all. Certainly not in the NFL and NHL with dozens of guys contributing. In the NBA 1 player can have much more of an impact on the team outcome but it is still a team sport. And the best team and deserving team/players is the one who wins. /rant over

To the McCaffrey discussion, I'm a Panthers fan not a fan of former Panthers players after they leave. I always liked Christian here and he is a great player but I dislike the Niners and have since they were our divisional rivals, so despite liking Wilks/McCaffrey when they were here I'm not rooting for them to win it. Just my thoughts but I get those who do want CMC/Wilks to get a ring.
Dan Marino totally deserved an SB win, and it pained me even as somebody who doesn’t give a shit about Miami to witness him not getting one. Then again, as Clint Eastwood said “Its got nothin to do with deserve”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad