Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I mean, I get it, because you can't have those two in the same locker room to start the season, but that return just screams desperation. Makes me think that Ottawa knows something about the situation that's not fully public yet and wanted Hoffman gone yesterday.
I have to assume that this is at least partly a signal to Karlsson and part of an attempt to get him to stay. Otherwise, while I'm sure Hoffman's value took a hit, I don't think it was at the absolute zero they got for him.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
$22M in space now, plus $5M for cap increase to $80M, plus $5.3M LTIR with Horton = $32M open

Even if Tavares takes $12M of that, that's still $20M in space to sign Nylander and adjust their defense.

If they need to trade Nylander next summer to make room for Matthews and Marner, deal with it then.
I meant more why is the hype specifically JT when they already have one of the most lethal forward groups, with the solution then being they would have to make moves to fix their blue line when Carlson is the exact type of player they should be looking to acquire? I wouldn't think teams would really trade a Carlson level defender for Nylander and Toronto has the chance to pick him up for free. The guy is going to get paid, sure, but not as much as JT and he fixes exactly what the Leafs need without requiring them to ship guys out next summer but there's seemingly no hype about Carlson to the Leafs, it all focuses on JT.

Goose312

May 15, 2015

'Round and 'round he goes. Where he stops? Nobody knows.

Looks like it's for a 4th and 5th and a future 2nd. Solid for SJS turning Boedker into a couple picks and 4m in cap space unless Bergman is more than just a career AHLer.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Looks like it's for a 4th and 5th and a future 2nd. Solid for SJS turning Boedker into a couple picks unless Bergman is more than just a career AHLer.
Flipping a cap-dump and a milquetoast prospect for a 2nd, 4th and 5th just because Dorian doesn't want to trade within the division is pretty funny. And Hoffman still ends up in the Atlantic.

Not interested in bidding against San Jose for UFA's this year. Wilson is clearly looking to add.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Ennis and a 3rd for Hoffman. We'll straighten out the gf.

The glass egos in this place? Day 2 she'd have Brodin sliding Parise's ears onto a necklace.

tenor.gif

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
LOL ^

I love Wilson for this. OTT needs to self destruct, including MGMT, and start from the ashes.

I think Florida is better though with Hoffman. His lady probably won't act so crazy because she'll have no hockey wives that want anything to do with her.

The beach is nice though, eh?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So since the season ended AZ (4)+SJS (3) have been involved in 7 trades. The other 29 teams have been involved in 9 trades.

I wonder if the 2 GMs feel like little kids knocking on people's doors asking if so and so can come out and play?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
So since the season ended AZ (4)+SJS (3) have been involved in 7 trades. The other 29 teams have been involved in 9 trades.

I wonder if the 2 GMs feel like little kids knocking on people's doors asking if so and so can come out and play?

Two of the best GMs in the league in terms of creativity and tactics - time will tell if they get results.

Fenton has to hold his cards a while longer, I feel. The only really obvious moves (buying out or finding a spot somewhere for Ennis and re-signing Dumba) require a bit more data to be done right. The health of Suter is a huge issue for strategy, and it would be nice to find a cheap comp for Zucker's deal before the trading floodgates open.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Two of the best GMs in the league in terms of creativity and tactics - time will tell if they get results.

Fenton has to hold his cards a while longer, I feel. The only really obvious moves (buying out or finding a spot somewhere for Ennis and re-signing Dumba) require a bit more data to be done right. The health of Suter is a huge issue for strategy, and it would be nice to find a cheap comp for Zucker's deal before the trading floodgates open.
Agreed. Russo had also mentioned everyone knows the situation the Wild are in, so the offers have been low-balls so far. If you wait until after FA, though, you could be pretty stuck other than straight up "hockey trades" with similar salaries due to teams settling in on their cap situation. Kind of a tough spot. I think if something happens, it could be at the draft.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How low does the bar have to be set for someone to get a conditional 7th round pick as the return for a trade? Are the conditions something like that the player shows up and tries hard in the AHL?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I will flip a #$!@ing table if Tavares goes to someone in the Central. It would be bad enough if he ended up in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad