Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So much for doing any more deals with the Islanders... :(

Actually I think Lou has little patience for Ho-Sang and his issues. Cut bait from him and wash some of the Snow smell off the future of the team could happen.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I saw someone on r/hockey the other day try to say that Ottawa (their favorite team) seemed kinda like buddies with the Wild because they were similarly consistently inconsistent like we are. I disagreed because of their last few years (out of playoffs -> conference final -> one of the worst teams), but whatever.

At least our team isn't RAPIDLY disintegrating underneath a shit owner and allegations of harassment on a star player's wife.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't see it. Boudreau's got 2 years on his current deal, and then apparently 2 more years as a consultant after that. The guy doesn't plan on leaving Minnesota any time soon.

New GM might have changed his plans. :dunno:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
New GM might have changed his plans. :dunno:
It's not impossible, but I'm inclined to believe they'll keep Boudreau around until his deal is up. He's not perfect, but he's one of the better coaches in the league and it'd be pretty expensive to let him go. Even if one sees Trotz as an upgrade I don't know that he's enough of an upgrade to justify it.

Reactions: TaLoN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's not impossible, but I'm inclined to believe they'll keep Boudreau around until his deal is up. He's not perfect, but he's one of the better coaches in the league and it'd be pretty expensive to let him go. Even if one sees Trotz as an upgrade I don't know that he's enough of an upgrade to justify it.

I didn't mean the Wild would sign Trotz. Just that GMPF could bring in his guy and BB could have a reason to leave and not say it's the GM.

The Wild would need to hire Patrick Roy as their head coach. Not because he's any good, just as an experiment to see who's head would explode first: Dub, Koivu, Parise, Roy, or Suter. Have a NHL version of Hard Knocks for training camp. :naughty:

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I didn't mean the Wild would sign Trotz. Just that GMPF could bring in his guy and BB could have a reason to leave and not say it's the GM.

The Wild would need to hire Patrick Roy as their head coach. Not because he's any good, just as an experiment to see who's head would explode first: Dub, Koivu, Parise, Roy, or Suter. Have a NHL version of Hard Knocks for training camp. :naughty:
All five = rebuild commence :nod:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Definitely not what the NHL wants with the shadow of head injuries looming over it these days.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I don't understand why there are rumors of JT to Toronto. I mean I understand why in the Toronto media makes crap up kind of way. But why would a team that already has tremendous offense with a very thin blue line that would have to get even thinner to support JT's cap hit want to put themselves in that position? How many games can you really win 8-7?

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I don't understand why there are rumors of JT to Toronto. I mean I understand why in the Toronto media makes crap up kind of way. But why would a team that already has tremendous offense with a very thin blue line that would have to get even thinner to support JT's cap hit want to put themselves in that position? How many games can you really win 8-7?
Not to mention how they keep their own big 3.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Easier to get defense when you can afford to trade a forward.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
$22M in space now, plus $5M for cap increase to $80M, plus $5.3M LTIR with Horton = $32M open

Even if Tavares takes $12M of that, that's still $20M in space to sign Nylander and adjust their defense.

If they need to trade Nylander next summer to make room for Matthews and Marner, deal with it then.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Well that didn't take long.

And wow, the return was awful. Thought they would still get a little more even after what happened.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I mean, I get it, because you can't have those two in the same locker room to start the season, but that return just screams desperation. Makes me think that Ottawa knows something about the situation that's not fully public yet and wanted Hoffman gone yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad