Non-Hockey Sports Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I'm concerned the Vikings eventually go back to Teddy and he doesn't have the arm strength to feed Thielen and Diggs properly. He also could get hurt with another knock or two.

Honestly, if we dumped both Bradford and Bridgewater, kept Case and drafted a QB for the future I would be happy.

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I'm concerned the Vikings eventually go back to Teddy and he doesn't have the arm strength to feed Thielen and Diggs properly. He also could get hurt with another knock or two.

Honestly, if we dumped both Bradford and Bridgewater, kept Case and drafted a QB for the future I would be happy.
I'm with you. Probably ain't many of us in this camp, but I totally agree. They're doing just fine with CK.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
No matter who the QB is next year, we gotta make sure we do everything we can to keep Shurmur around as OC.

Also Keenum's season stinks of Cassel/Foles/Glennon/Fitzpatrick/McCown.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Could be, but i also think that people are overrating what Bridgewater was.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Gophers shut out in back 2 back games for the 1st time since 1950....did Fleck really deserve an extension at this point?

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
Gophers shut out in back 2 back games for the 1st time since 1950....did Fleck really deserve an extension at this point?

A shutout looks really bad of course. We will see if these draft classes end up being as good as we think they can be. You can't fire a coach you have given so much freedom to after just one season. I definitely think we should remember these type of games if things go south in the future with his players that he has recruited though.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
A shutout looks really bad of course. We will see if these draft classes end up being as good as we think they can be. You can't fire a coach you have given so much freedom to after just one season. I definitely think we should remember these type of games if things go south in the future with his players that he has recruited though.
Im not saying he should be fired...but he did nothing to deserve an extension.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Just the nature of the beast. If you really believe the HC is "your guy", keep him extended 4+ years, because recruits like stability.

If you don't think he's going to be your guy going forward, just fire him.

I get that is the way it is...doesn't mean i have to like it. An extension off a losing season for "stability" just seems like a losing program mentality.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I get that is the way it is...doesn't mean i have to like it. An extension off a losing season for "stability" just seems like a losing program mentality.
I get what you're coming from, but we don't have the luxury that helmet schools have. Kids will go to Alabama/Notre Dame/USC/Penn State/etc for the helmet. But not too many kids are coming to Minnesota "because it's Minnesota"

We have to go all in on Fleck, because that's what's going to bring kids here. Gives him another angle to recruit with. "The administration is 100% behind my mission"

It's basically a necessity for us.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
No matter how lopsided the UW/MN football rivalry has been lately, it has the coolest trophy. After today's win UW has it's first lead in the all time series. It goes to show how bad UW (or how good MN) was at football for a long time.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I wonder how long I'll keep the Packers game tonight?

End of the 1st quarter is my current over/under thinking.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wow, talk about a blown coverage. No way any receiver should be that open.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild end to the Grey Cup, involving a 109 yd. returned fumble for a TD and 2 pt. conversion with 3 minutes left to tie, a field goal, and a game saving interception in the end zone with 15 seconds left, all in a snowstorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad