GDT: Noche UFC: Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
What a colossal mistake by Valentina in the 5th. Would have won it 49-46, 49-46, and 48-47 and avoided all of this.

I guess you could maybe say the same thing about Grasso in the 4th, though.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Grasso got pieced up for half that round. So f***ing dumb
Literally this. This first 3 minutes, 3.5 minutes Grasso was obviously losing. Shevchenko tried to get a takedown, lost it, ate a couple shots and defended a few takedowns. I would understand giving Grasso the round (though I wouldn't agree with it) but a 10-8? Mike Bell should legitimately never judge a fight again if he thought there was grounds for a 10-8 in that round.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think Grasso takes the trilogy, assuming it happens. This one was really close and I thought Grasso was a little conservative and made a couple of mistakes.

Reactions: 16Skippy

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
Literally this. This first 3 minutes, 3.5 minutes Grasso was obviously losing. Shevchenko tried to get a takedown, lost it, ate a couple shots and defended a few takedowns. I would understand giving Grasso the round (though I wouldn't agree with it) but a 10-8? Mike Bell should legitimately never judge a fight again if he thought there was grounds for a 10-8 in that round.
If 10 people watched that round in a vacuum and had to give someone a 10-8 in it....I am not sure half or more choose Grasso.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I don’t think it’s that outrageous to give Grasso a 10-8 in the 5th. She was beating her ass and almost finished her. They have made changes to the judging and the judges are supposed to give out more 10-8 rounds now.

Reactions: torero

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
But didn't Valentina almost finish her in the 3rd round so would that now be a 10-8?
Correct. There is zero justification for the Mike Bell scorecard and anybody trying to do it should turn in their mma fandom card. They do not know what they are watching, not unlike Mike Bell!

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I think Grasso takes the trilogy, assuming it happens. This one was really close and I thought Grasso was a little conservative and made a couple of mistakes.
Her biggest mistakes came from her not being conservative though. She could have potentially finished Valentina in the 2nd after dropping her, but rushed herself into getting double legged and controlled the rest of the round.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
If 10 people watched that round in a vacuum and had to give someone a 10-8 in it....I am not sure half or more choose Grasso.

Basing a hypothetical around people being forced to make a dumb decision is not really a good point lol. It just wasn't a 10-8 in any direction. The last 1.5 mins was enough to turn it in Grasso's favor, not enough to erase the rest of the round and say Valentina just got dominated in the round though.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
D’Amato card :)

Komijo card :)

Dumb bitch Mike Bell card :(

Honestly it’s insulting to our intelligence

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Her biggest mistakes came from her not being conservative though. She could have potentially finished Valentina in the 2nd after dropping her, but rushed herself into getting double legged and controlled the rest of the round.

Yeah, she got wild in those exchanges and then when she took the back. Conservative meaning she sat back and just ate jabs instead of throwing for stretches. Her corner was even imploring her to throw.

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
Basing a hypothetical around people being forced to make a dumb decision is not really a good point lol. It just wasn't a 10-8 in any direction. The last 1.5 mins was enough to turn it in Grasso's favor, not enough to erase the rest of the round and say Valentina just got dominated in the round though.
You actually agree with me. The point was it was not a 10-8 so it would be a coin flip in this hypothetical.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I had it Grasso 48-47 but no 10-8s. I guess they should run it back if no one is injured, sucks for Fiorot.
Same.

I think they should just move on. Shevchenko hasn't won vs 2 straight matches vs Grasso. Next.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I don’t think it’s that outrageous to give Grasso a 10-8 in the 5th. She was beating her ass and almost finished her. They have made changes to the judging and the judges are supposed to give out more 10-8 rounds now.
I don't think you understand the sport if you think a 10-8 Grasso 5th round is reasonable. Grasso has the advantage for 1 minute maybe 1.5 minutes of the round, Shevchenko had the rest of the round. I don't think it was that close to being finished, at no point did the ref move in to indicate that he would stop it. It's a blunder of a score card, justifying it makes you look silly.

Reactions: Bunk Moreland

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Sure you could also make a case for that round being a 10-8. There’s a fine line between a 10-8 and a 10-9 round.
Round 3 was significantly closer to being a 10-8 than round 5.

Yeah, she got wild in those exchanges and then when she took the back. Conservative meaning she sat back and just ate jabs instead of throwing for stretches. Her corner was even imploring her to throw.
Agreed, I personally think the biggest area she could improve in is finding a consistent level of aggression.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad