Flyweight bout: Edgar Chairez vs. Daniel Lacerda
Women's Flyweight bout: Tracy Cortez vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius
Lightweight bout: Alex Reyes vs. Charlie Campbell
Women's Strawweight bout: Josefine Knutsson vs. Marnic Mann​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Unfortunately I will miss all of the prelims and maybe even the early main card but we've got a great main event for a free one.

JDM looked bad in his last fight against the late notice guy and if he does that again then Holland will beat him. Not sure what the odds are on this one, but I like Holland to win.

Not sure how good Rosas is, but I have no idea how Terrence Mitchell landed in the UFC. He's been fighting bums in Alaska for like a decade and his fight that got him into the UFC was like a 1-0 guy. Obviously got smashed in his first UFC fight and is now in a big fight on a big card? Ok.

Zellhuber/Giagos & Kopylov/Fremd should both be fun.

Cortez/JJ is easily the third best fight here and both are popular enough that there's no excuse for it not being on the main card. I know we've talked about it 100 times but I just don't get why they don't showcase their fighters a bit better.

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Really looking forward to the main event. I was into the first one, too. I thought people were underestimating Grasso and/or not taking the potential decline of Valentina seriously after the split decision against Santos. This could be Nunes reclaiming her title in dominant fashion, but there are a lot of parallels to Edwards-Usman. The challenger was a big underdog, came out and won the first round, but then the champ starts to takeover with their wrestling, and just when it seemed like all hope was lost, boom, the challenger finds a finish. Edwards then found a new level in the rematch and won a clear, albeit close, decision. The only thing that would surprise me is Grasso putting a beating on Valentina. Otherwise, anything could happen.

I think the JDM hesitation after his previous fight is warranted, but a little overblown. I don't think that Hafez guy is a future contender or anything, but he looked pretty legit and like a tough out. Having said that, Holland is a different level.

Seems like a get-right fight for Rosas Jr. but you never know with young prospects.

Other than Cortez not being on the main card, I don't have much else to say about the rest.

Reactions: 16Skippy and m9

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Pretty damn good contender series tonight... opening fight was excellent I really thought we'd see the rate both fighters getting a contract on that one.

Highlight of the night had to be Neves show boating then getting rocked and continuing to try and nod and taunt Diniz then getting slept.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
First DWCS I've watched from start to finish. Pretty solid. I don't usually have fight pass so it probably won't be a regular thing but I enjoyed it.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I didn't realize Shavkat's bout was cancelled. f***ing lame. Now we probably have to wait another 6 months for him to get another fight.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Money is starting to come in on Holland, I got him at +130 earlier this week and now he’s at +124 on DK

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I like Holland by sub at like +650 or whatever it was

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I rewatched the first fight today and Valentina's takedowns were easier than I remembered, but Grasso's striking was better than I remember too.

I'm rooting for Grasso and while I don't think the first fight was a fluke, Valentina definitely has a path to victory if focuses on a wrestling game plan.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I rewatched the first fight today and Valentina's takedowns were easier than I remembered, but Grasso's striking was better than I remember too.

I'm rooting for Grasso and while I don't think the first fight was a fluke, Valentina definitely has a path to victory if focuses on a wrestling game plan.
Grasso's boxing is very, very good, maybe the best in the division. That's why I thought she was being overlooked in the first fight. She just doesn't have much power which gives Valentina a) more time and b) the ability to take on more risk when trying to get the fight to the ground.

To go back to Edwards/Usman, though, Usman had over 10min of control time in the first fight (well, technically the second fight) and that got cut in half in the last one. Getting kicked in the head probably has a little bit different of an affect going into the next fight as giving up a sub does, but still. The champ has a little more confidence or the challenger has a little more doubt or starts thinking too much. Whatever it is, things can change going into a rematch.

I agree both have a path to victory here. I'm kind of expecting a close 5 round decision either way.

Reactions: 16Skippy and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m ALL OVER jasmine jajdyeienejcudhdicius +110 over Tracy Cortez, if you wanna get nuts make it a decision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad