GDT: Nobody cares it's game day vs. the Coyotes GDT?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I agree with the premise of this. It's so stupid to disallow goals that were not impacted by the offsides. Especially offsides where it's a matter of inches.

To be fair, if the offside is called, there's no saying the next play isn't a faceoff win and easy out. But on the other hand, once possession firmly changes (i.e. not a 50-50 battle), maybe that ought to be considered the start of the next play, missed offside or not.

Because yeah, once you get into the butterfly effect arguments, any one call in the entire game could affect any subsequent goal.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I'm hopeful, more like praying that they were simply being cautious with Vlasic and that he isn't actually hurt.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
BTW the Sharks are off tomorrow. Per Curtis Pashelka

Guess we'll have to wait until game day to find out about the injuries.

Nieto probably has a broken hand. Looking at the replay.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
With Nieto seemingly out for a bit...does this mean Wingels goes back in?

Probably but it'll be interesting to see who they put in Nieto's spot on Marleau's line. I liked that line with Tierney on it but it wouldn't surprise me if Wingels took that spot.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Man, this game annoyed me so much last night, from the disallowed goals, to the injuries, to Smith always playing ridiculous against the Sharks. /sigh

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If Nieto's out, Goldobin, Carpenter or Goodrow should be called up.

Haley call-up inbound.

Goldobin is not going to called up this year. They won't want to burn a year of his ELC. I do think Haley will be called up. Seems like off-late our players have been taking a lot of unnecessary hits and that will make Haley even more likely.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Goldobin is not going to called up this year. They won't want to burn a year of his ELC. I do think Haley will be called up. Seems like off-late our players have been taking a lot of unnecessary hits and that will make Haley even more likely.

He'd definitely go after Domi on Sunday if he's in.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

A pro year burns a year off your ELC regardless, no?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

Damn. Forgot he was at 9 games already. I thought he was at 4-5.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Are we really surprised Doan was the one that hit Vlasic...

Can't wait until he isn't in the league anymore.

So tired of hearing about how good or how great he is when his career high in goals is only 30 and has never been a ppg player while Marleau gets **** on by everyone eventhough he's had a much better career overall.

Not sure how that's all relevant to the hit, but Doan has always annoyed me.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: