Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
Why the ***** are we selecting an other D. This pick doesn't fill our needs.

What does this pick have to do with our current needs?

By the time Juulsen becomes a full time NHLer, our needs will probably be different.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well put. You need a bunch of X type players because only one makes it. We have what for sexy scoring types ? Those guys are more boom or bust to boot because the solid 2 way guys can settle in at the bottom. Sexy scorers are top 6 or nothing usually.

Well, we don't exactly have tons of mobile RD in the farm system.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I am of the belief you cant have too many defense prospects. If they pan out, trade value of quality defense is high.

Unlike many of the seemingly self proclaimed scouts here calling good pick or bad pick, i will be honest and say i have no clue about him.

Most complaining about the pick likely havent seen anything of the players and complain cause it went againt perceived need or the one player they liked

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Not a "sexy" pick when our organization's only weakness are "sexy" players. We have a LOT of roleplayers already.

Well said. I'm still happy with the pick though and I think he'll be a solid player but it'd be nice to be the ones hitting the homeruns late in the 1st.

Last edited:

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
"Its in his edgework and agility though that he really shines. Juulsen pivots quickly and this allows him to cover large areas of the ice. He is able to use his agility to walk the line on the powerplay and open up shooting and passing lanes. The ability to quickly change directions, makes him tough to beat one-on-one and helps him to quickly explode into huge hits if a forwards tries to beat him to the outside."

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/05/17/2015-nhl-draft-profile-45-noah-juulsen/

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Btw, for the draft noobs in this thread, you have to draft a need IN THE PROSPECT POOL, not a need on the current team cause things change by the time these kids are ready. Habs had 0 top 4 potential defensmen with a right shot. This is a great pick, period.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Merkley projects as a smallish playmaking winger rather than center IMO. Average skating ability and not a goal scorer. There are big concerns there.

It is more than just Timmins with concerns about J. Roy's size and mobility. He has to wait until tomorrow to get picked.

Happy with Juulsen.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Were you hoping for a forty goal scorer with pick #26?

I was hoping for a home run swing. A guy like Roy who could be a top pairing all situations dman if developed properly. If we had to go safe I would have preferred to trade down for two seconds or a second and a third. There are tons of good players left and I don't think very many of them will be there at 87.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Still convinced Timmins wanted Roslovic, but I'm sure Juulsen will be fine.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You said someone to compliment Galchenyuk?

We don't need a ton of players, we need the right players.

I meant as a #2 C:) we have pacioretty. I should've been more clear! My bad.

I feel as though our future forward group is basically a "we'll be alright if all good well but if it doesn't, we have no backup"

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Are people that ******** with the "we already have Subban and Petry" comments? He won't be ready for a few years and if he becomes as good as Petry then you can trade Petry or whoever to make room for him. At this point take whoever is best available and worry about the rest in the future.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
He compared his style to Bieksa. From what I can see when he talks about him self is that he doesn't seem to understand that his skating is a bit slow.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I am of the belief you cant have too many defense prospects. If they pan out, trade value of quality defense is high.

Unlike many of the seemingly self proclaimed scouts here calling good pick or bad pick, i will be honest and say i have no clue about him.

Most complaining about the pick likely havent seen anything of the players and complain cause it went againt perceived need or the one player they liked

I don't know much about him either. Good to see he has points on his stat sheet though and decent size. We'll see if that amounts to anything.

I'm way more concerned about what Bergevin does to help this team improve as of next season. Summer just started, so plenty of time left, but that's what I'm mostly looking at.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
da6e3032-93f6-4fbf-a30f-7cfcef3936d6_TVASPORTS_WEB.jpg

Many good players left...The Gorges pick should have been this year :(

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
Btw, for the draft moons in this thread, you have to draft a need IN THE PROSPECT POOL, not a need on the current team cause things change by the time these kids are ready. Habs had 0 top 4 potential defensmen with a right shot. This is a great pick, period.

This, our offense needs immediate help through trades and signings. I'd rather trust Timmins on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad