Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The fact that the Habs are out of the playoffs is the reason that the kids are playing or else Julien just like Therrien would be favoring his veterans.

Also indeed it was nice to see Hudon back up Juulsen there, just a shame that cement feet Pacioretty didn't back up Subban when he tried to do the same and hanging him out to dry.

Pacioretty is cancer to our team and I hate saying it. Hoping for a top 10-15 pick and another piece (maybe a 2019 2nd) at the draft. I'm back and forth at weather I want him re-signed or not (if he is willing to sign a team friendly deal).

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Pacioretty is cancer to our team and I hate saying it. Hoping for a top 10-15 pick and another piece (maybe a 2019 2nd) at the draft. I'm back and forth at weather I want him re-signed or not (if he is willing to sign a team friendly deal).
That's really harsh, but unfortunately not an uncommon feeling these days. Honestly, I feel bad for the guy. Max, by all accounts, is a good guy who has turned out to be under-qualified to be captain of this team. The media pressure plus his apparent inability to lead a roster of players has drained away a lot of the considerable goodwill he had with fans and team.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Buffalo is something like top-3 in terms of drafted players with NHL games played. Not sure I'd call their drafting and development good.
Exactly. NHL GP looked at in isolation is a useless stat to measure prospects. Habs tested out a ton of prospects in 2016 and this season to see what they could do. What they did, mostly, was lose.

Reactions: sharks9

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
During a sequence, his two teammates Gallagher and Alzner throw him in the mouth of the wolf. With a bad cover in the defensive zone. Don't let the Barzal's goal grab us a negative idea of his evening. It's one of his tough seasons with the recuperation of his injury. But he's letting it all away of him by focusing just on the positive way.

Reactions: Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
During a sequence, his two teammates Gallagher and Alzner throw him in the mouth of the wolf. With a bad cover in the defensive zone. Don't let the Barzal's goal grab us a negative idea of his evening. It's one of his tough seasons with the recuperation of his injury. But he's letting it all away of him by focusing just on the positive way.
No exactly, you just watch the play and you can see gally and alzner (still not sure WHAT the hell he was doing on this play) completely leaving the lone defender out to DRY, and in this case it was juulsen, who ALL he could do was try a quick little poke as he was going around but barzal, like a running back doing a stiff arm, completely blocked the poke with his right arm like a pro and continued on his 40km/h trailblaze to a goal

but yeah...the "rookie got burnt" ...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's really harsh, but unfortunately not an uncommon feeling these days. Honestly, I feel bad for the guy. Max, by all accounts, is a good guy who has turned out to be under-qualified to be captain of this team. The media pressure plus his apparent inability to lead a roster of players has drained away a lot of the considerable goodwill he had with fans and team.

It is really harsh and not really my style but the leaders of this team need to be the leaders. Patch IMO is not leading our team and he is our captain. I really do feel for him but if Bergevin gets no pass, Patch gets not pass. Neither does Price. The young core gets a pass as they need to mature but Patch deserves everything he gets. How he responds from this season is key (with or without the Habs). I really do wish him luck as well as with Pleky

Patch to the Panthers for their 1st (12th) and their 2019 2nd on draft day. Add one of our goalie prospects to sweeten the deal (Hawkey). Get it done

The one area that annoys me a lot this year with Patch is coughing up the puck so much. Dump it in or shoot it on net... Trying to be a stick handler or play maker is not his game.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lest we not forget how great Tinordi and Leblanc looked once upon a time in extended viewings during their first pro years.

Give the organization enough time and good things can be ruined.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Lest we not forget how great Tinordi and Leblanc looked once upon a time in extended viewings during their first pro years.

Some don't remember time. They were ALL crap. Right from the start. But then...nope they were not. Selective memories....at best.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Some don't remember time. They were ALL crap. Right from the start. But then...nope they were not. Selective memories....at best.

I think you can argue whether they were crap from the get go or not but they absolutely positively regressed by a pretty significant amount.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think you can argue whether they were crap from the get go or not but they absolutely positively regressed by a pretty significant amount.

Actually, while I didn't agree with the Tinordi pick. Nobody was crap. We all thought at one point that they would be NHL'Ers. No doubt. But nown some use what we know NOW, and try to pretend like we never had anything in the pool. But NOW we have......until in 4 years they'Ll be saying how we never had anything in the pool but NOW we have, until....you get the idea.

Reactions: Dempsey

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal

Theses 2 guys were on the very 1st spots of my 2nd round list in that time. I would pick Merrill not Tinordi and not sure if I would pick Kreider or Schroeder. I was 50-50 but most likely Schroeder.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Juulsen should be part of the top 6 next season. He is that ready

He's playing like he's ready for the top 4.

I was watching highlights of Dahlin. A lot of his goals, even 5 on 5, come when he lines up on the right side, as a left shot. It creates a lot of shooting lanes. May be something to try with a top pair of Petry-Weber if Juulsen keeps showing he's too good for the bottom pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad