Speculation: Noah Hanifin on the trade block

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Carlo and Debrusk for Hanifin and Monahan. Overpaying for either side? About right?

Just because these names have all been in rumors (not directly involving one another)

Reactions: Drunkenfish

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I've been thinking he'd be a good match for Dylan Strome. Both players haven't met their draft pedigree, both retain some usefulness and some future promise. The reasoning is that the Flames have a bigger need for an offensively potent center (I want to see Gaudreau with Strome) than they do a second pair LHD, while the Hawks need a second pair LHD more than they need a purely offensive center.
Maloney drafted Strome, too.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
lol that’s god awful for the Flames. Lindholm has been almost a point per game two way forward signed for 4 years and Hanifin is a 23 year old top 4 D signed for 4 years.

you want that kind of value in a trade? KK+

Lindholm had a great season. He had more more point last season than DeAngelo. In two more games.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
the saying of loads of untapped potential gets super tiring for every acquiring team. They all end up disappointed in him. Just accept him for what he is. A good defensive D with low to decent offensive capability.
A good defensive d at 23 with some offensive upside is a really good asset though. I get that he can fetch a return, but with a chance that Brodie walks, wouldn't it be a more pragmatic move to keep a player like that?

Reactions: Legend123

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Lindholm had a great season. He had more more point last season than DeAngelo. In two more games.

deangelo doesn’t play defense. There is a reason he is every trade offer from your team.

We traded Dougie Hamilton, Adam Fox, and Michael Ferland for the same two guys. And that was before Lindholm became a back to back near 30 goal guy, future selke nominee. But sure we’ll take your scraps for our 2nd/3rd best contracts

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
lol that’s god awful for the Flames. Lindholm has been almost a point per game two way forward signed for 4 years and Hanifin is a 23 year old top 4 D signed for 4 years.

you want that kind of value in a trade? KK+

I’ll never forgive myself for agreeing with a Flames fan, but yeah, this is fugly for Calgary.

Kendo

Jun 16, 2006
The Hamburger Train.
The reason Tony is available is because of Trouba and Fox. He'd be near untouchable if we never made those trades.

I don't know in what world a 24 year old RD that just tied for 5th most points is considered "scraps," but duly noted.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The reason Tony is available is because of Trouba and Fox. He'd be near untouchable if we never made those trades.

I don't know in what world a 24 year old RD that just tied for 5th most points is considered "scraps," but duly noted.
But Lindholm isn't available. The Flames management group has been an open book all season and Lindholm's name hasn't come up once in rumours so this discussion is pointless

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
You start to wonder then what's going on with hanafin. Potentially 3 teams in four years for a guy that has loads of untapped potential. Something seems...off.

I think he suffers from his draft position a little bit. The guy was drafted 5th OA out of college and then went to the NHL right away.

You expect a guy like that to be a #1 defenceman... but maybe he just "peaked" a little earlier than most, and all he'll really be is a #3/4guy... but teams still look back to his potential and figure they can make him into what his draft pedigree / rookie year indicated.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
A good defensive d at 23 with some offensive upside is a really good asset though. I get that he can fetch a return, but with a chance that Brodie walks, wouldn't it be a more pragmatic move to keep a player like that?

He's not currently a very good defensive player either. Not as strong as his size would indicate, and not as good a skater as his scouting reports said.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If OEL goes, I’m almost certain it will be for OEL or Dumba. Maybe some minor additions.

From Detroit, I would look at doing a 2 for 2, Hanifin + Monahan for Larkin and Cholo?

Reactions: SnipeNCelly

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Carlo and Debrusk for Hanifin and Monahan. Overpaying for either side? About right?

Just because these names have all been in rumors (not directly involving one another)
This does not help the Flames improve. Defensive upgrade from Hanifin to Carlo but the gap between Debrusk and Monahan is significantly bigger than any gap between Hanifin and Carlo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad