no Eller, no points. Chucky continues. Habs lose again!!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He doesn't have to score. He can setup a play. This is a rare situation where tossing Galchenyuk on the wing for a shift or two actually makes sense as it allows you to load up one line. So don't assume I'm expecting him to score two goals every game.

Because he's your best player. These are the players who win you hockey games; bad games or not. I'll reiterate once again, Therrien is notorious for over utilizing his grinders. Look at the moronic benching of Subban all to prove some asinine point. It's one thing if you're a considerably deep team and have options. We're not. So unless Thierren purposely wanted to lose this game for a better draft pick, it's a stupid decision.

You should explain that to Chicago then. They are primarily a skill team who have utterly dominated the modern era. While teams like LA or Boston rely more on physicality, they utilize good players to do it, not fourth liners. If the playoffs were entirely comprised on the type of hockey Therrien preaches, it would be some of the most boring games imaginable.

Regardless, who cares about the playoffs? We're not even remotely in that conversation. This is the opportunity to play the kids through adversity and let them run with the game. Instead, we're seeing typical Therrien deploying his favorites.

It actually boggles me that Galchenyuk is scoring that much while playing center. I'm not gonna complain but it should logically be the other way around , him getting assists and his wingers score . Seems like he's playing center but acting like a winger...

Even the last time they played together , last year with Casparrety , he had a hat trick with all assists from his wing.

We can't really talk about using grinders right now cuz we have like 99% grinders on the team with all the injuries .

Talking about the Chicago team, if you really take a look at their rooster , the only player with real skill is Kane. Toews is an upgraded Plekanec , Hossa is a 200 feet player and the other guys don't scream high end skill. So they are a grind it team.

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
It actually boggles me that Galchenyuk is scoring that much while playing center. I'm not gonna complain but it should logically be the other way around , him getting assists and his wingers score . Seems like he's playing center but acting like a winger...

Even the last time they played together , last year with Casparrety , he had a hat trick with all assists from his wing.

We can't really talk about using grinders right now cuz we have like 99% grinders on the team with all the injuries .

Talking about the Chicago team, if you really take a look at their rooster , the only player with real skill is Kane. Toews is an upgraded Plekanec , Hossa is a 200 feet player and the other guys don't scream high end skill. So they are a grind it team.

it really boggled my mind that you defend Pleks line as to say why they had to play much more minutes than any other line because ''they had to defend''

Please. 2000-2001 Devils, Madden-Holik-Mckay, 2006-2007 Ducks, Moen-Pahlson-Niedemayer; did they need the most minutes for a ''defending, checking line?'' no, play the best players you GOT.

Bull ****ing ****; if you got a decent coach, the best line will play the best minutes; PERIOD. I do not care you feeble heartless habs fans are like '' LOOK HFBOARDS, UR FAVORITE TOY GALCHENYUK ISNT INVINCIBLE LOLOLLLOLL''

it took four ****ing years, FOUR ****ING YEARS. For this doofus of a coach to realize, that he had magnificent talent to play on the first line, he played David Desharnais. (If I was a coach, I would ASAP GET THIS GUY TO LEARN 1ST LINE CENTER DUTIES, WHICH HE HAS NOT DONE IN 4 ****ING YEARS...)

Anyone, NAME ME ONE ****ING TEAM THAT WOULD RATHER PLAY D.D ON THEIR FIRST LINE THAN DEVELOP A PLAYER AS TALENTED AS GALCHENYUK.

Name me

One TEAM.

No one.

Beliol or w/e is complaining about Galchenyuk... Okay, that is fine; but that should of happened in early 2013, of the 2013-2014 season,,, not when fans have got every ****ing reason to complain about bargainbin and a doofus of a coach, that still miss-manage players in a losing cause;

complain all you want about galchenyuk, but I find it feeble and so simple minded to do it when he is 22 years old, and still not given the proper time by the coach to have the proper ice time to his status;

I am sorry BELIOL or w/e, if you want to complain, or cry, or laugh, or troll, should of been earlier this year;Galchenyuk, just proves EVERYTHING WRONG ABOUT THIS ORGANIZATION.

Last edited:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

He's a rare breed of scoring center. This is why I think Galchenyuk could still become a 70 or even 80 point players. He does everything on his own. If we went out and got Eberle. That first line would be absolutely brutal to go up against. Granted, Gallagher's good, but I much prefer him on a second line.

No offense, but you then have warped definition of a grind team. Having good two way players does not constitute grinding. If you watch the Hawks, they don't play physical, they don't man the forecheck and "grind" out wins. They overwhelm the opposition with a high uptempo system that is heavily reliant on speed and skill.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
it really boggled my mind that you defend Pleks line as to say why they had to play much more minutes than any other line because ''they had to defend''

Please. 2000-2001 Devils, Madden-Holik-Mckay, 2006-2007 Ducks, Moen-Pahlson-Niedemayer; did they need the most minutes for a ''defending, checking line?'' no, play the best players you GOT.

Bull ****ing ****; if you got a decent coach, the best line will play the best minutes; PERIOD. I do not care you feeble heartless habs fans are like '' LOOK HFBOARDS, UR FAVORITE TOY GALCHENYUK ISNT INVINCIBLE LOLOLLLOLL''

it took four ****ing years, FOUR ****ING YEARS. For this doofus of a coach to realize, that he had magnificent talent to play on the first line, he played David Desharnais. (If I was a coach, I would ASAP GET THIS GUY TO LEARN 1ST LINE CENTER DUTIES, WHICH HE HAS NOT DONE IN 4 ****ING YEARS...)

Anyone, NAME ME ONE ****ING TEAM THAT WOULD RATHER PLAY D.D ON THEIR FIRST LINE THAN DEVELOP A PLAYER AS TALENTED AS GALCHENYUK.

Name me

One TEAM.

No one.

Beliol or w/e is complaining about Galchenyuk... Okay, that is fine; but that should of happened in early 2013, of the 2013-2014 season,,, not when fans have got every ****ing reason to complain about bargainbin and a doofus of a coach, that still miss-manage players in a losing cause;

complain all you want about galchenyuk, but I find it feeble and so simple minded to do it when he is 22 years old, and still not given the proper time by the coach to have the proper ice time to his status;

I am sorry BELIOL or w/e, if you want to complain, or cry, or laugh, or troll, should of been earlier this year;Galchenyuk, just proves EVERYTHING WRONG ABOUT THIS ORGANIZATION.

How can I take you seriously when you're not even capable to read 6 letters ? Or it was supposed to be funny?

Y ress une chose ,show more rispek ! CAPSING half of your text does not give you more credibility.
Agree to disagree here, keep bashing on the coach and on everyone if it makes you feel better....

Galchenyuk is on a hot streak lately and you all are ready to crown him as the best thing since the sliced bread ...

it doesn't take much to idolize in this star craving city ...

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Galchenyuk was the most used forward for the last 4 games , ok?

He had a rough game tonight and he got less minutes , is this the end of the world?

It's not like he was the best player out there and Therrien just benched him , come on!

He had one bad game and got benched while DD hasn't been benched once over the course of his last couple ****** seasons. You defending Therrien is amusing, do you think any other team will hire him when he gets run out of town?

rafal majka

Sep 29, 2004

I'll take Stephane Richer's opinion over yours any day of the week: AG should've been playing centre all along. Let the kid play.

Chicago skill-less outside of Kane? Duncan Keith, Panarin and Hossa grinders? I have never heard or read Habs' players talk about Therrien this way:

“He’s been, obviously, huge for a lot of us,†star winger Patrick Kane said. “Coming in here when we were at a young age, I think he taught a lot of us a specific way to play without taking away any creativity or freedom. He’s been great with us, and we’re very lucky and fortunate to have him.â€

You'd think that Bergevin coming out of Chicago would've recognized that Therrien is a dinosaur rather than dynamic but it looks like he learned nothing in that winning environment.

Mad Brills*

LOL, OMG MT is stupid, he really is, what a complete imbecile. :shakehead

BdjMb3ECEAAb_yX.png

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Galchenyuk is not a rookie anymore ! You all hammering on Therrien that he's not playing him more ! This is a great game to show you the guy is still raw .
We're not in a rebuilding mode here, Price back and everyone healthy + one more top 6 player and we're contending.

All the Plekanec bashing is just plain stupid , he's not the most flashy guy out there , he will never score a highlight of the week goal but he's consistent day in day out .He will never go too high and never get too low . Can you recall the last game Plekanec was -3 ?

Galchenyuk is on a crazy streak here , you think he doesn't care or it doesn't affect him when his line is getting destroyed? Yep let's get him there more so his line can get hammered even more , way to go to build up his confidence at center.

With all the MT bashing around here it's not surprising people are not happy , but he can clearly see when guys struggle and when they do good and he manages the time consequently .

1. Yeah on January 19th vs Boston Plekanec was -3.

The last time Galchenyuk was -3? January 17th vs Chicago.

2. Galchenyuk's line getting destroyed? Okay, 1 goal and finishing -1 = destroyed

OR YOU KNOW, MAYBE WE SHOULD PUT HIS LINE ON THE ICE CAUSE YOU KNOW, WE ARE LOSING AND WANT TO SCORE GOALS?

If you want to defend the 3 goal deficit, then sure, by all means, send out the mighty Paul Byron and Tomas Plekanec and not the guy who had 11 goals in his last 9 games.

Do I really have to explain this to you? Is this a joke?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Granted, Galcheyuk took a 4 min penalty.

Montreal had to kill 6min in penalties, Byron kills half of that, that's 3min, which is pretty much what he got more than Galchenyuk, then Galchenyuk sat for 4min in the penalty box.

Then you got the fact that they are playing back to back, and they already lost the game so the last 7-8min of the game was garbage time which was mainly allocated to the 3rd and 4th line guys.

This is classic case of piling on Therrien.....we all dislike him, I get it, but before people bring this up as an argument or a launching pad to bash the coach, one should investigate on why Byron got the extra ice time, it wasn't very difficult.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Montreal had to kill 6min in penalties, Byron kills half of that, that's 3min, which is pretty much what he got more than Galchenyuk, then Galchenyuk sat for 4min in the penalty box.

Then you got the fact that they are playing back to back, and they already lost the game so the last 7-8min of the game was garbage time which was mainly allocated to the 3rd and 4th line guys.

This is classic case of piling on Therrien.....we all dislike him, I get it, but before people bring this up as an argument or a launching pad to bash the coach, one should investigate on why Byron got the extra ice time, it wasn't very difficult.
You talk as though we can't double shift players...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Hudon should have been in the lineup and Byron one spot below on the depth chart.

The question is whether this has anything to do or not with the coach.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I just checked the boxscore please tell me there's a reason for it

please god tell me he's not that stupid please god why

how does he even dress himself

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Other teams are used to cover Patch 2 on 1. They have been doing that for 4 years in a row now. Patch is not a bad playmaker. He just played with a center who could not score even if his life depended on it.

We should wait 40 games or something before analyzing anything. Other teams will adjust and cover AG more. Only then we will be able to see if he can adjust and generate scoring chances for Patch when he is himself covered by the defensive.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Galchenyuk basically played a 50 minute hockey game last nite.If he played 1/3 shifts he would have logged 16 2/3 minutes. Now if montreal
had a few power plays he could have added minutes to his ice time. One of those games. but the most impressive thing about Galchenyuk he has worked hard at releasing the puck and on net. My guess is lots of work at it and a new stiffer twig.
Goaltenders stop 98% of shots thrown at them if they can focus on the puck for a split second. Galchenyuk is taking away that split second and amazingly hits the net far more frequently than even earlier this season.
Also has found the sweet area on the right side he can score from.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Maybe it would be a good idea to actually look at the stats before posting.

Byron played only 1 minutes in PK yesterday.

ES TOI yesterday

Byron 16:47
Mitchell 15:36
AG 14:53

I don't know what MT was thinking but when you are losing 3-1 icing Byron and Mitchell more than AG is not a good way to win even if AG is having an off night.

I said it. And i'll say it again. I don't like Byron signing. Not cause i hate the guy. Not cause i think it's a bad contract. But there's absolutely no doubt MT will fall in love with this guy. And this guy is a black hole offensively at 5 on 5. His 5 on 5 offensive stats are bad.

And be ready guys. You heard it here first. Barberio will be the next Bouillon. He's gonna play in the top with Subban or Petry next year. You can quote me.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I don't know if the last two PGT titles have been sarcastic or what the deal is, but, it's the lack of Subban that has absolutely neutered this team the last two games, not Eller. I say that as an Eller supporter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad