no Eller, no points. Chucky continues. Habs lose again!!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's cuz he's now playing not in his chair . When everybody will be healthy and he will be on the 4 line in and out of the lineup , getting points on PK and with limited ice time you will love him again.

You are ****ing insane if you think this simpleton hick will play Byron 4th line minutes.

The guy is a god damn cancer to this franchise. Him and his foxhole buddy Bergevin.

They both need to go. Now. Before Price tells them both to go **** themselves and signs in Philadelphia.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You are ****ing insane if you think this simpleton hick will play Byron 4th line minutes.

The guy is a god damn cancer to this franchise. Him and his foxhole buddy Bergevin.

They both need to go. Now. Before Price tells them both to go **** themselves and signs in Philadelphia.

Therrien can't resist his experiments with low grade players. He's probably amassed the most in-depth useless data than any other coach in the NHL, the latter of which have until now (and for the foreseeable future), simply continued to use 4th line players as 4th liners and never batted an eye doing it. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He's the hottest player in the NHL. He took some penalties? Okay... so freaking what? That means Mitchell becomes our go to guy in a come from behind game?

Please...

Great. What's that got to do with the coach? No reason for this roster to have done as badly as it has with or without Price.

Is that the standard for success these days?

I don't think he sees much of anything to be honest. There's this concept called double shifting for example that he could start to study. It's been around since the 1950s and it's where you play your best offensive players more when you're behind in a game...

Can you tell me what's the point in double shifting a line or a guy who clearly has a bad game and struggles?

You want to send him out there to get dominated even more? This is plain stupid!

Can you just admit that Galchenyuk had a bad game tonight , nothing wrong with it .

We know what he can bring when he's on top of his game , it's his 4th season .

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

He sucked as a 4th liner too. Too small

Lord Byron and De Duke.

When we claimed him on waivers and the team was healthy he was playing on the 4th line . So there's no reason to think he's be on the first line when everybody comes back.

He is small but he's not playing like a small guy , he's doing a great job on the PK .

He has the same number of points on PK as DD on PP lmao .

Ok , i'm not trying to say that Byron is my favorite player out there but he's a useful guy to have around on a limited impact on the team .

It's not cuz of Byron that we are bad this season ....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Can you tell me what's the point in double shifting a line or a guy who clearly has a bad game and struggles?

You want to send him out there to get dominated even more? This is plain stupid!

Can you just admit that Galchenyuk had a bad game tonight , nothing wrong with it .

He's your best player and you're down in the game.

Can you tell me why you'd play Mitchell instead?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
It it is a common occurrence for offensive players to produce while looking like garbage the rest of the time. In fact, lesser players look like garbage and never produce. ****, Corey Perry probably had one of the most invisible two goal games ever, and the Anaheim fans noted that, but as a skill player, the production still comes out.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Because it shows a degree of confidence, especially for a younger player. By putting out Galchenyuk despite him having a bad game, you're essentially telling him you still have faith he'll come through in the end. Even putting that aside, he's a hell of a better option than friggin' Mitchell.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Because it shows a degree of confidence, especially for a younger player. By putting out Galchenyuk despite him having a bad game, you're essentially telling him you still have faith he'll come through in the end. Even putting that aside, he's a hell of a better option than friggin' Mitchell.

That plus the fact that Galchenyuk had such a low minute count going into the third, also suggests he had more gas in the tank that could have been put to better use rather than dismissing it in favor of a scrub.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He's your best player and you're down in the game.

Can you tell me why you'd play Mitchell instead?

Why do you keep bringing Mitchell ? The coach played the Plekanec line and Mitchell was there .

This is pure blindness from your part .
He was putting out there the Galchenyuk line but they had a rough game !

Galchenyuk -2 and a goal scored when he was in the box and Andrighetto -3 .

The Plekanec line finished even. And there's not such a huge difference in ice time .

This Galchenyuk hype has to stop a bit... He has a great future ahead of him but he's not the next 100 point center neither .

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Unless there's an unspoken tank. That does explain much of the incompetence. I'm no fan of Therrien. That's well documented. Doesn't mean there isn't a plan to get the best draft pick. I imagine it gelled after PK went down. We get a top 6 or 7 pick and have a good chance at a top 3 pick.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Why do you keep bringing Mitchell ? The coach played the Plekanec line and Mitchell was there .

He was putting out there the Galchenyuk line out there but they had a rough game !

The Plekanec line finished even. And there's not such a huge difference in ice time .

This Galchenyuk hype has to stop a bit... He has a great future ahead of him but he's not the next 100 point center neither .

He is well on his way to being a 60 point center while spending most ofthe season shackled to lesser talents. Now that he is placed with top line talents, his pace is very much that of a 1 PPG player and the irrational stance is to say he is not first line material. It is not hype it is actually true.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Did you even think that there could be another side of this? The coach trying to shelter his player when he sees he has a rough game? Trying to keep his confidence up , so he can keep going his hot streak?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

When has this ever stopped him from deploying Desharnais, who has some of the highest powerplay minutes in the league yet what, 5-7 points? Plekanec isn't going to do jack **** with grinders on this wing. Galchenyuk gives you a chance to win because he's a game changer.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Did you even think that there could be another side of this? The coach trying to shelter his player when he sees he has a rough game? Trying to keep his confidence up , so he can keep going his hot streak?

There is no kindness of that sort reserved for Galchenyuk from Michel Therrien. Once he posts two consecutive goose-eggs, history will repeat itself and the demotion will come once again, with another BS excuse. Sorry, but other coaches graduated prospects after year three when their sophomore slump is passed. Therrien has been bogging Galchenyuk down well past that window.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

If this weren't a consistent, well-documented issue, I might see that side of it. However, Therrien is notorious for horrendous line decisions. Best example being against Philly a few weeks back where his answer to a five minute powerplay is to put out his fourth line. This has nothing whatsoever to do with sheltering Galchenyuk but merely Therrien trying to reward his grinders. Because in his mind, they're just as good, if only they get the minutes.

pitcher

Jun 18, 2012

come on

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He is well on his way to being a 60 point center while spending most ofthe season shackled to lesser talents. Now that he is placed with top line talents, his pace is very much that of a 1 PPG player and the irrational stance is to say he is not first line material. It is not hype it is actually true.

When has this ever stopped him from deploying Desharnais, who has some of the highest powerplay minutes in the league yet what, 5-7 points? Plekanec isn't going to do jack **** with grinders on this wing. Galchenyuk gives you a chance to win because he's a game changer.

If this weren't a consistent, well-documented issue, I might see that side of it. However, Therrien is notorious for horrendous line decisions. Best example being against Philly a few weeks back where his answer to a five minute powerplay is to put out his fourth line. This has nothing whatsoever to do with sheltering Galchenyuk but merely Therrien trying to reward his grinders. Because in his mind, they're just as good, if only they get the minutes.

As i already mentioned he's hot now , so hot it's not even funny .I hope he keeps it up but let's not kid our self here , he's not gonna score two goals a game every second game .

I already said it , he was putting them out there! Trying to win the game but they had a bad game , and got dominated ... Why do you complain about the usage when they had a bad game ? I would understand if they would freaking killing it out there and Therrien would limit their time ice , it's not what happened.

All this grinders love and grinders style play love sucks has to stop.
When the PO come around it's all you get! Grind Grind Grind ! Tight check , 200 feat play , less scoring , tight games , hard fought wins . So I actually agree with this type of hockey , the globetroters hockey's not gonna bring u the cup.

Even last year PO , we played great , just needed a little bit more scoring .

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary

Galchenyuk is a pure bred race horse, if you don't play him the top minutes you are misusing him like they have been holding him back his entire professional career. If you want to turn him into a 2nd liner keep holding him back and one day he won't be able to compete at any more than 15 mins a game. What needs to stop is people treating him like a ****ing glass ballerina, what kind of ***** do you want to develop here?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Galchenyuk is a pure bred race horse, if you don't play him the top minutes you are misusing him like they have been holding him back his entire professional career. If you want to turn him into a 2nd liner keep holding him back and one day he won't be able to complete at any more than 15 mins a game.

Galchenyuk was the most used forward for the last 4 games , ok?

He had a rough game tonight and he got less minutes , is this the end of the world?

It's not like he was the best player out there and Therrien just benched him , come on!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
As i already mentioned he's hot now , so hot it's not even funny .I hope he keeps it up but let's not kid our self here , he's not gonna score two goals a game every second game .

I already said it , he was putting them out there! Trying to win the game but they had a bad game , and got dominated ... Why do you complain about the usage when they had a bad game ? I would understand if they would freaking killing it out there and Therrien would limit their time ice , it's not what happened.

All this grinders love and grinders style play love sucks has to stop.
When the PO come around it's all you get! Grind Grind Grind ! Tight check , 200 feat play , less scoring , tight games , hard fought wins . So I actually agree with this type of hockey , the globetroters hockey's not gonna bring u the cup.

Even last year PO , we played great , just needed a little bit more scoring .

He doesn't have to score. He can setup a play. This is a rare situation where tossing Galchenyuk on the wing for a shift or two actually makes sense as it allows you to load up one line. So don't assume I'm expecting him to score two goals every game.

Because he's your best player. These are the players who win you hockey games; bad games or not. I'll reiterate once again, Therrien is notorious for over utilizing his grinders. Look at the moronic benching of Subban all to prove some asinine point. It's one thing if you're a considerably deep team and have options. We're not. So unless Thierren purposely wanted to lose this game for a better draft pick, it's a stupid decision.

You should explain that to Chicago then. They are primarily a skill team who have utterly dominated the modern era. While teams like LA or Boston rely more on physicality, they utilize good players to do it, not fourth liners. If the playoffs were entirely comprised on the type of hockey Therrien preaches, it would be some of the most boring games imaginable.

Regardless, who cares about the playoffs? We're not even remotely in that conversation. This is the opportunity to play the kids through adversity and let them run with the game. Instead, we're seeing typical Therrien deploying his favorites.

Ape Clutch

Jul 19, 2004

MT put his 4th liners out on the ice for a 5 minute PP?

???

???

?

Katt-Williams.jpg

Katt_Williams_and_Coaching.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad