Speculation: NJD Offseason Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
McKenzie said the possibility of a Vanek buyout is "quite high".

I would add him to my Hudler/Stempniak list of guys to take on for two years to temporarily fill our RW void. Not a 6.5 million dollar player like Minnesota is paying him to be, but still a quality forward.

Vanek sucks, there's a reason he can't stick with a team since he left Buffalo. Would much rather just play our kids instead, he's also a LW if i'm not mistaken.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
What I have read about Yak is that he does everything at top speed, always, which makes him predictable to defend against. He doesn't have gears or levels to his game. Not sure how correctable that is.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
What I have read about Yak is that he does everything at top speed, always, which makes him predictable to defend against. He doesn't have gears or levels to his game. Not sure how correctable that is.

He definitely has the talent we lack, I just feel he needs to be coached and he needs to be willing to be coached.

Away from the #1 pick expectations, I feel he could be a good player. He might always have the IQ/defense flaws, but we have plenty of that. We need skills.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
How many coaches has Yak had in his career already? 3? 4?

And I'm not saying that it's completely coaching. Clearly there's something missing where his production doesn't match his skills. But I can't imagine Edmonton is the best environment to fix those issues.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
How many coaches has Yak had in his career already? 3? 4?

And I'm not saying that it's completely coaching. Clearly there's something missing where his production doesn't match his skills. But I can't imagine Edmonton is the best environment to fix those issues.

I would say that removing him from Edmonton, where he is still looked at as a #1 pick, would definitely help. He will have far less pressure here and he can be coached without scrutiny here.

I agree, but I wouldn't mind Severson+ small add for Fowler. Especially we sign Demers so our D looks like:

Fowler - Larsson
Greene - Demers
Schlemko - Moore
Merrill/Santini

That's a huge if. There's no guarantee Demers would come here and that's too big of a risk to take. If we don't sign Demers, that RD side is horrendous. Edmonton will likely be offering him deals I wouldn't wind to go near.

Hollywood Nosebleed

Oct 10, 2014
I would say that removing him from Edmonton, where he is still looked at as a #1 pick, would definitely help. He will have far less pressure here and he can be coached without scrutiny here.

That's a huge if. There's no guarantee Demers would come here and that's too big of a risk to take. If we don't sign Demers, that RD side is horrendous. Edmonton will likely be offering him deals I wouldn't wind to go near.

It is a huge if, and that's why I'd be very hesitant to do it, but I think we could find another serviceable defensemen like we did with Schlemko, and we have more RHD than LHD prospects.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'd love to package him for RNH if we didn't have to include #11. What other legit forwards would you target?

I Mean, it all depends on who is available

ideally it would be for a 24 or younger scoring RW or C. even if we have to add to Severson (we have a ******** of picks the next few drafts)

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I am not as confident in our defensive depth as I once was. Gelinas is gone and Merrill regressed BIG time. Greene is older.
Larsson is solid. Severson has a high ceiling but we're apparently about to trade him for a forward. Even if we sign Demers... he's 28 I think. We have to hope Santini really pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad