Speculation: NJD Offseason Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm far from Yak's biggest fan but if we really could have had him for Gelinas I'd have done that trade in a minute.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I think a ton of GMs would've done the Gelinas-Yakupov or 3rd Rounder-Yakupov trade in an instant.

There must be overwhelming consensus among scouting departments. Maybe some people don't want to believe that the majority of the scouting community can screw up that high in the draft. But it's happened before and it will happen again.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think a ton of GMs would've done the Gelinas-Yakupov or 3rd Rounder-Yakupov trade in an instant.

There must be overwhelming consensus among scouting departments. Maybe some people don't want to believe that the majority of the scouting community can screw up that high in the draft. But it's happened before and it will happen again.

Maybe Edmonton is asking for more than other teams are willing to give. :dunno:

JBthree24

Jun 3, 2016
Central NJ
Supposedly asking price for Yakupov is 2nd rounder; but still I'd much rather have Taylor Hall than Yakupov/RNH/Eberle.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
We should send Florida back their second round pick and Moore for Kulikov and that will give us a solid group of defenders going into next season. Sign Kulikov immediately after we get him and then we're set for a while on the back end. Merrill doesn't have to play more than he has to nor does Sev.

Edit: I'd also deal a second for Yak, not ours

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
I'm not a huge Yak supporter but I think he could turn out to be a 20 goal scorer which isn't anything to scoff at. Yeah he's going to bust in terms of being a number one pick but he can be a good NHL player. I'd easily trade a 3rd for him. Would rather a roster player but a 3rd is fair value IMO.

Group Chat Legend*

All im saying is if we get Yakupov, whatever the cost, he will do twice as well here than he did in Edmonton.

Bookmark it boys and girls, Shero will strike gold if he gets Yakupov

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Yea, I wouldnt offer more than a 2nd for Yak.

In other news, Ottawa is apparently shopping Chiasson as they can't qualify him (Ottawa are a budget team) and he's due a 2.7M QO. I'd be perfectly fine with attempting to bring him aboard, but on the cheap in every respect. Like a 4th or 5th round pick.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Chiasson is bad. No way the Devils should be trading anything for the right to qualify him at a ridiculous amount.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Stay away from chiasson!
Get yakupov instead or a better offensive player. Chiasson is exactly what the Devils don't need....someone who doesn't produce offensively!

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Would definitely rather have Farnham or Gionta than paying a low pick and 2+M to sign Chiasson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad