Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Dougie Hamilton signs with the Devils (7 years, $9M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Good for Hamilton, make that money.

I'm not an expert on the Devils, to put it mildly, but seems to me by the time they hit their Cup window in 3-4 years this will be an overpayment, possibly an anchor even. He's definitely best for a team currently in their Cup window that needs the extra bam in their top 4.

Like Carolina. /sigh

It would certainly be a huge risk. I like Dougie, and do want us to sign him, but all anyone has to do is look at the recent play of OEL, EK, and even PK (fell apart at 29) to know there's a huge amount of risk

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
tenor.gif

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
How cute that you think it’s playing for New Jersey that caught Hamilton’s attention. It can’t be the 63M you’re throwing at him right lol

The reality is wherever he signs this is the contract he’s probably getting.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
How cute that you think it’s playing for New Jersey that caught Hamilton’s attention. It can’t be the 63M you’re throwing at him right lol

In fairness, even if we throw a bunch of money at someone it's not a guarantee they will look at Jersey as a real possibility

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I'm excited and fine with that contract if it happens. If it ends up being a mistake, not too worried about it, it's time for NJ to start finally signing regrettable contracts at some point.

Mar 20, 2010
What would CAR have been willing to offer? Would it have been close?

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
I don't think he'd put up more than 40-45 pts per season in NJ which is well below what $9M should buy you unless you're also providing absolute shut down D as well.

Reactions: Reggae Shark

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
And to think fans jump on base the Oilers for Keith and his 2 years . GMs had all the pent up anxiety from retaining themselves last year . Now look out they are spending money a a alarming rate . Owners will demand another lock at this rate and yet it is the GMs who are at fault . Hyman 40 million , Seth Jones 9.5 million after 2 down season . A very flawed Hamilton at 9 million . Wow .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad