Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Ben Lovejoy (3 years, $2.666M AAV)

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
He is what he is: A third pairing defenseman. Mainly expecting him to be getting about $4 million, due to his postseason.

Go get it, Lovejoy.

Edit: looks like $2.6 mill per year. A bit less than i was expecting.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Pens fans knew Shero would be all over this.

Yep. Called this a couple days ago. Looks like I was off on the term and AAV though. Really thought he'd get at least 2.75-3.5m. I didn't see him getting less than 2.75m unless it was 4 years.

Meh, that doesn't bother me. Shero has always been good/great at making favorable trades. What's going to be funny is when he signs Lovejoy to a 4x3.75m contract on Friday.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
3x2.7M is a good contract for a 3rd pairing. Worst case, he's easy to dump or not much extra to bury.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Shero today:

8TW7Fwe.gif

ShatteredGlass

∞ Posts Deleted :)
Dec 19, 2011
Pittsburgh / Vegas
Less money than he probably should have got based on his playoffs performance, but not a bad deal for NJ. Really wanted him out west so I could wish the best for him, but now just hoping he ***** the bed against his former teammates' speed.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Utility player then. Can he play all positions? Probably this year's Lee Stempniak

Yep, he can play in bottom pairing,also played on our 2nd pairing for half of the Tampa series and the finals, after Daley got injured. Played very solid in the finals. Good on the PK. Solid defensive d-man with good speed, IMO. At 2.6 you're not gonna get much better than him.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Yep, he can play in bottom pairing,also played on our 2nd pairing for half of the Tampa series and the finals, after Daley got injured. Played very solid in the finals. Good on the PK. Solid defensive d-man with good speed, IMO. At 2.6 you're not gonna get much better than him.

ooops lol I dunno why I thought he was a winger... my bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad