Confirmed Signing with Link: [NJD] Ben Lovejoy (3 years, $2.666M AAV)

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
Shero today:

8TW7Fwe.gif

Lol yes

Fordy

May 28, 2008
devils fans lucked out, shero didn't go crazy. don't like the player at all but he can probably be serviceable on the third pairing and if you make it to the finals he seems to suddenly become better

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh not sad to see him go this time... he is good as a bottom pair guy I guess... and he had an ok if not a bit overrated playoffs this year, but last year he was on the ice for every ranger goal in the playoffs and was at fault for most of them... not exactly a guy who you cant replace with a AHL call up or anything.... he is a great locker room guy and the press loves him...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Shero loves those former Pens. First Bennett, now Lovejoy.

NJ fans, just be worried if the rumors start up about Scuderi. :sarcasm:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You will go on about Taylor Hall's defensive deficiencies and then support the signing of Russell...?

Okay.

Russell's game is incredibly underrated. He had to constantly cover for Hamilton / Wideman in his time in Calgary. He's a good puck moving defender who competes hard and is responsible in his own end.

The advanced stats on him are deceiving. He got tough matchups and defensive starts and keeps pucks to the outside. He lead the Flames in +/- a year ago for a reason.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Russell's game is incredibly underrated. He had to constantly cover for Hamilton / Wideman in his time in Calgary. He's a good puck moving defender who competes hard and is responsible in his own end.

The advanced stats on him are deceiving. He got tough matchups and defensive starts and keeps pucks to the outside. He lead the Flames in +/- a year ago for a reason.

His style of play plus his size is something that scares me away.. It would have to be a sweet deal.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
I'm ok with this. Don't think he's more than a 3rd pair guy, but he can pk and is a righty. I'm happy Shero didn't overpay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->