GDT: NJD @ Bahston 1pm EST (MSGSN, ESPN+)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If nobody wants, am I allowed to do the next GDT even though we lost? Or is that like a bad omen and a no-no?

Maybe I shouldn't though, for reasons I don't want to spoil.

But the next one will be another movie theme. A shitty movie theme (maybe some of you liked it though) and it won't star DD and Doggo.

I'm even going to watch this shitty ass and disappointing movie, so it's fresh in my mind. I haven't seen it many years..........

We can make this a GOOOOOODDDDDD one with some photoshop help.
This movie is so cringy. It's funnier at the age I am now than the age I was when it came out. They definitely could have made a better movie than this. Huge ball dropped. Overall storyline is decent, but some of the quirks are too hard to ignore. So many people in the movie are still alive and yet I haven't seen many of them in a relevant movie in many, many years.

You could totally tell what year this movie came out just from who they got to do the theme song. People born the year this movie came out wouldn't even know this guy's music, despite the fact that he was really young, but his music career was as short as most of the New Kids on the Block dudes. I think everyone would have at least heard of his one time wife though.

I watched it with my friend who is younger than this movie, and he never heard of the guy before. He also wasn't familiar with many of these actors. This was really the peak for a lot of them.

Whatever, I'll spoil it. The movie is Ghostbusters 2. I haven't seen it in 30+ years. It is so terribly cringy. I've seen the first one not too long ago, but not the second one.

Overall storyline is decent and Vigo is a terrific main ghost, but they could have done better with this movie.

The ghost train running through Winston in the tunnel (which I always remembered and mentioned earlier) is still embarrassing and Janosh (sp? Yahnosh?) in flying ghost form stealing Dana's baby from the ledge of the building is so..... Just......I can't even begin to describe how weird this is. More embarrassing than scary. He did a fantastic job on that accent though. Louis becoming a ''Ghostbuster'' is also kind of goofy.

I still don't understand why the mayor and city turned on the Ghostbusters after them saving everyone from Gozer in the first movie, but I guess that's merely plot armor.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Watched the game earlier but wasn't able to post at all during it, basically the Vancouver game repeated by Daws decided to play like Hasek. Injuries are catching up to them but still some questionable decisions from Lindy but it is what it is. Get back home and hope you can get Meier or Palat since their timelines seem sooner than Jack from what Lindy has said

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I mean what do you expect when half of the teams top 6 has missed significant time not to mention 2 if it’s top 4 defenders have missed significant time

No team in the league has depth to survive that
I mean, is our roster even now with the injries any worse than say…the flyers who amassed a better points percentage through the entire season even though we have had a clearly better roster on paper when there were no injuries?

We have good talented players but the sum is not greater than the parts. I don’t think that’s debatable.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watched the game earlier but wasn't able to post at all during it, basically the Vancouver game repeated by Daws decided to play like Hasek. Injuries are catching up to them but still some questionable decisions from Lindy but it is what it is. Get back home and hope you can get Meier or Palat since their timelines seem sooner than Jack from what Lindy has said
I thought we were a little better than the Vancouver game, which just looked like one of those no-shows from the drop of the puck.

We scored goals in the Vancouver game, but Demko was poor that game. I think about 3 of them were softies. We didn't get those from Swayman today and he was probably tested even more than Demko was that night.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I thought we were a little better than the Vancouver game, which just looked like one of those no-shows from the drop of the puck.

We scored goals in the Vancouver game, but Demko was poor that game. I think about 3 of them were softies. We didn't get those from Swayman today and he was probably tested even more than Demko was that night.
Bro we scored nice goals that game. There wasn't many soft goals. We beat him clean on good shots.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
You can keep saying this and no one is going to sympathize with you.

If @Bcap88 is in Chicago, they’re really really not going to sympathize with you.

It’s grey every day in Chicago in January and the sun sets at 3:30.
Lololol that hits home

I used to work overnights for a bit 10 pm to 6 am and January-march was the worst you wake up it’s dark out you go to bed it’s still dark out

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bro we scored nice goals that game. There wasn't many soft goals. We beat him clean on good shots.
I didn't see it that way.

I thought he leaked a bit. I haven't seen a worse game from him this year, I don't think.

At least two of the goals were pretty bad.

I nailed him on that Haula goal, but that wasn't that bad of a goal.

Swayman was making those saves today.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Watched the game late....Damn seemed like we had barely any off zone pressure and really struggled to get the puck out....Daws looked really good.....28 shots on Swayman but imo easy night for him compared to what Daws saw....Hughes with a bad game imo but he's young and it will happen....Liked Nemec and way he got involved.....

Reactions: Guttersniped

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
They might not be a bubble team if it weren't for about 5 different concurrent acts of God.

Saying that a team forced to send out Tierney, Bowers, Willman, bad Bastian, and with Lazar centering the 3rd line "shouldn't be a bubble team" frankly shows you don't understand the state of the NHL in 2024.

One good year and everybody forgets how hard it is to win in this league. You'd think a decade of futility would leave a mark.
Having 5 players out doesn’t help. This team currently doesn’t have the talent to make the playoffs.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Watched the game late....Damn seemed like we had barely any off zone pressure and really struggled to get the puck out....Daws looked really good.....28 shots on Swayman but imo easy night for him compared to what Daws saw....Hughes with a bad game imo but he's young and it will happen....Liked Nemec and way he got involved.....
Right now I think Nemec is better than Hughes.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Well they do count, as them being out are the reason why the Bowers, Clarkes and Willmans of the world are being relied on
The Devils have insane depth:

- They replaced Hamilton with a former #2OA who is now basically their 1D. I don't think there's another team in the league that could have done that.

- Luke has slid up from 3rd pairing to basically be top pair LD. Again, extremely rare.

- They have a #12OA who is now slotting up as their 2C. He may be better suited as a 3C, but McLeod is doing well.

- They have a former #7OA who should be able to slot into a top 6 wing spot. The fact that he hasn't is a bigger issue than losing Foote or Nosek.

The issue right now isn't talent, IMO, it's getting these guys to play together. Many (most?) of the players are taking on unfamiliar roles. If they can understand what's needed from each of them and trust each other, I think this team is still above average and playoff caliber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad