GDT: NJD @ Bahston 1pm EST (MSGSN, ESPN+)

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Boston is clearly getting mote out of their roster that really isn't that great when you look at it. Right now the injuries are a legit excuse as to why we will struggle against the good teams but atleast the goaltending with Daws in net looks to be alot better. It's kind of crazy the pressure he is under but whatever keeps Vitek out of the net most nights will be the biggest plus till we are healthy.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Boston is clearly getting mote out of their roster that really isn't that great when you look at it. Right now the injuries are a legit excuse as to why we will struggle against the good teams but atleast the goaltending with Daws in net looks to be alot better. It's kind of crazy the pressure he is under but whatever keeps Vitek out of the net most nights will be the biggest plus till we are healthy.
Boston, and the Isles, both seem like teams that are better than the sum of their parts. They just seem to be good system teams.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
The Islanders look m
Boston, and the Isles, both seem like teams that are better than the sum of their parts. They just seem to be good system teams.
The Islanders now look closer to Doug Weight's Islanders than they do Barry Trotz Islanders. Same core of veterans but, they are allowing goals and blowing leads. And less boring because of it.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You will have a hard time convincing me that Boston only violated one rule during the game and that NJ violated four that stood out beyond anything Boston did. It wasn't NJ's day but it's tough enough playing the Bruins, the Devils should not also have to play against the refs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If you're in here complaining about the weather when it is 70 degrees where you are, just know that I hate you so much that words can't fully capture it.

Not really, but still.
I JUST WANT SOME MOTHERf***IN SUN!!!!!

It could be 35 down here, as long as its SUNNY I won't complain.

This has been Seattle with palm trees for about a month now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If nobody wants, am I allowed to do the next GDT even though we lost? Or is that like a bad omen and a no-no?

Maybe I shouldn't though, for reasons I don't want to spoil.

But the next one will be another movie theme. A shitty movie theme (maybe some of you liked it though) and it won't star DD and Doggo.

I'm even going to watch this shitty ass and disappointing movie, so it's fresh in my mind. I haven't seen it many years..........

We can make this a GOOOOOODDDDDD one with some photoshop help.

SJinNewJersey

Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
You will have a hard time convincing me that Boston only violated one rule during the game and that NJ violated four that stood out beyond anything Boston did. It wasn't NJ's day but it's tough enough playing the Bruins, the Devils should not also have to play against the refs.
I wasn't talking about just today's game, but the team overall. Today's the refs were ridiculous.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

This is the confidence I like to see and hear.

IMG_2695.jpeg
IMG_2696.jpeg

(Daws actually said that in his previous post-game interview but it still echoes through my heart.)

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I JUST WANT SOME MOTHERf***IN SUN!!!!!

It could be 35 down here, as long as its SUNNY I won't complain.

This has been Seattle with palm trees for about a month now.

You can keep saying this and no one is going to sympathize with you.

If @Bcap88 is in Chicago, they’re really really not going to sympathize with you.

It’s grey every day in Chicago in January and the sun sets at 3:30.

SJinNewJersey

Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Supposed to get 4 to 6 inches of snow tonight and maybe more going into Friday. I don't want to hear 64 is cold.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Supposed to get 4 to 6 inches of snow tonight and maybe more going into Friday. I don't want to hear 64 is cold.
I didn't say 64 is cold, nor did I complain about the temperature. I think some of you missed the point here. @Guttersniped gets it and I agree with her sentiment, but my complaint was the lack of sunshine. Not the temperature. I've already said bring on the 35 degree highs, as long as it isn't gray sky all but one day a week.

I have never in all my time here seen a half a month as cloudy as this one.

And that's no bullshit, it is cloudy 6 days a week over the last 2 weeks and maybe 4 or 5 days a week over the last month.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You can keep saying this and no one is going to sympathize with you.

If @Bcap88 is in Chicago, they’re really really not going to sympathize with you.

It’s grey every day in Chicago in January and the sun sets at 3:30.
I find myself in a better mood when the sun sets. It's always been that way for me.

When it's this cloudy out, I would be fine with a 2:00 PM sunset (though that would feel kind of different) if it's just gonna be cloudy all day.

When it's cloudy at night, it's no problem, because it's dark out anyway.

Funny enough, I have been out on my walks at night and have noticed skies more clearer than the daytime. And I've been like ''Where this all day?''.

If nobody wants, am I allowed to do the next GDT even though we lost? Or is that like a bad omen and a no-no?

Maybe I shouldn't though, for reasons I don't want to spoil.

But the next one will be another movie theme. A shitty movie theme (maybe some of you liked it though) and it won't star DD and Doggo.

I'm even going to watch this shitty ass and disappointing movie, so it's fresh in my mind. I haven't seen it many years..........

We can make this a GOOOOOODDDDDD one with some photoshop help.
So I'm watching it now and this movie is so much worse than even I remembered.

The Karate Kid 3 and Rocky 5 are significantly better movies. I cannot believe I've sat through 40 minutes of this so far.

But I need to keep it going. I need the material.

Reactions: Guttersniped

SJinNewJersey

Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I didn't say 64 is cold, nor did I complain about the temperature. I think some of you missed the point here. @Guttersniped gets it and I agree with her sentiment, but my complaint was the lack of sunshine. Not the temperature. I've already said bring on the 35 degree highs, as long as it isn't gray sky all but one day a week.

I have never in all my time here seen a half a month as cloudy as this one.

And that's no bullshit, it is cloudy 6 days a week over the last 2 weeks and maybe 4 or 5 days a week over the last month.
I kid, I can't wait to retire to Florida.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I kid, I can't wait to retire to Florida.
I wish I could snowbird. Jersey for 3-4 months a year, rest of the time down here.

But then I remember that I'm not even retired and I don't work remote like my 52 year old non-retired buddy that snowbirds. He works on the road...... so he can live wherever in his down time.

SJinNewJersey

Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Ewww, choose the Carolinas if you want warmer weather

No offense to @Bleedred, I hate that state lmao
We haven't decided where we want to retire. We just know we want warmer weather. However, Florida checks off more items right now. I want to have access to the cruise ports as I love cruising. But if I was living in nice weather most of the year, I may change my mind about cruising as much.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ewww, choose the Carolinas if you want warmer weather

No offense to @Bleedred, I hate that state lmao
I think I'd like the Carolinas less for reasons I won't get into, as they potentially cross political barriers.

My area is pretty nice, the people are decent. There's not a ton of rednecks, mainstream country music and confederate flags everywhere like Jacksonville.

When I've went to spend some time with @Cage Helmet and the snowbird friend I mentioned (they both live in the same mobile home park) on the Treasure Coast (Stuart area) it almost feels like the civil war, and I only say that because you got a decent amount of Northerners like us and you got a decent amount of people from the southern states that are north of here.

I've heard lots of accents that remind me of Georgia and the Carolinas, and I know that isn't the local accent of the area. There's a lot of flags in the back of pickup trucks (some confederate, but many endorsing a certain person) and I don't really see stuff like that much where I live. I've seen a lot of that in Jax, but that's so close to Georgia it may as well be South Georgia.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We haven't decided where we want to retire. We just know we want warmer weather. However, Florida checks off more items right now. I want to have access to the cruise ports as I love cruising. But if I was living in nice weather most of the year, I may change my mind about cruising as much.
Hawaii is the preferred destination for my two friends on the Treasure Coast, but it's also really remote and pretty expensive.

@Cage Helmet won't leave Florida as long as his grandmother is still living. He lives with her and takes care of her financially.

I ''Retired'' here at 35. And by retired I mean I quite my slave/prison job and moved down here, but it was only because of that slave/prison job that I was able to buy a house down here in cash at age 35.

I now have a much lower paying job, but at least I don't have tendonitis and a bad back, like I would have had I not gotten out of that business. It probably exposes me to more sun than I'd like, but as I've been saying over and over in this thread, that's certainly not a problem. My complexion has lost several shades since the sun went away and only started coming out once a week.:laugh:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I think I'd like the Carolinas less for reasons I won't get into, as they potentially cross political barriers.

My area is pretty nice, the people are decent. There's not a ton of rednecks, mainstream country music and confederate flags everywhere like Jacksonville.

When I've went to spend some time with @Cage Helmet and the snowbird friend I mentioned (they both live in the same mobile home park) on the Treasure Coast (Stuart area) it almost feels like the civil war, and I only say that because you got a decent amount of Northerners like us and you got a decent amount of people from the southern states that are north of here.

I've heard lots of accents that remind me of Georgia and the Carolinas, and I know that isn't the local accent of the area. There's a lot of flags in the back of pickup trucks (some confederate, but many endorsing a certain person) and I don't really see stuff like that much where I live. I've seen a lot of that in Jax, but that's so close to Georgia it may as well be South Georgia.
Only parts I like is Tampa/St Pete and Key West

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad