Value of: NJ players

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Don't see this happening but....

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Palmieri going to BOS? Staal heading to Habs? Fri's Buzz

Chatter out there is Boston and NJ talking. Palmieri and Vatanen with DeBrusk and a pick coming back. 50% retention on Palmieri.

I know DeBrusk has lost some of his luster in Boston but I can't see them give up on him yet unless it's a change of scenery type deal for a similar player

Yeah, I just can't see Boston doing something like this. They need a long term asset back if they're trading DeBrusk, disappointing season or not.

Springfield Isotopes

Dec 9, 2018
It may be an unpopular opinion here, but I think Fitz doesn't trade everyone away. I think Goose is cooked and probably one of Vatanen, Murray and Kulikov is gone but I think he keeps Palms and Zajac for sure... unless someone blows his hair back with an offer I can't see him peddling them for pennies on the dollar
I get your logic but if Fitz somehow get a first for Palms i wouldnt mind overpaying for Nashvilles Forsberg if i was the Devils.. 2 first rounders in2021 you deal one send Foote and D prospect to Nashville

From the Devils 1st in 2021, Nolan Foote and Nikita Ohotyuk for Filip Forsberg

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
I get your logic but if Fitz somehow get a first for Palms i wouldnt mind overpaying for Nashvilles Forsberg if i was the Devils.. 2 first rounders in2021 you deal one send Foote and D prospect to Nashville

Forsberg is an UFA in 2022 and we aren't a contender yet. Pass.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020

No way there is no way I would make that trade 21 draft is deep Foote is an A prospect and Nikita is Defenseman with a mean streak....

devils29

Jan 9, 2019

Wow that is some extreme over payment from NJ. Huge pass

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Would the Devils waive Subban? Just to move the money
Not waive him but I'd leave him exposed in upcoming Expansion Draft to protect an extra forward......If not taken I would just ride out last year or trade him with 50 percent retention of deal was decent.

Reactions: Smitty426

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Forsberg is an UFA in 2022 and we aren't a contender yet. Pass.
At some point we need to add pieces that are NHL ready to play with the core - Hughes Nico Smith Bratt.
Can’t just keep drafting and stock piling prospects. Whomever we draft this year will not be ready for 2 years at the minimum.
Id make that trade for Forsberg in a second

Reactions: Lateralous

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Meh , draft is not really “deep” . Just there is no real tiers of elite players and a clear cut #1 so everyone is “good” but no real elite top top prospects
Agree was thinking of 2022 draft still wouldn't make that trade.....We should just stick to the rebuild and hopefully Fitz will do it right....

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
At some point we need to add pieces that are NHL ready to play with the core - Hughes Nico Smith Bratt.
Can’t just keep drafting and stock piling prospects. Whomever we draft this year will not be ready for 2 years at the minimum.
Disagree we need to stick to the rebuild and not make a trade that makes us a little more competitive now maybe bottom seed playoff team and focus on two three years down the road where we are competing for the Cup each year....Then you can mix in a veteran guy with a year or two.....They have to finally fully commit to a rebuild not a retool....imo

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Unless Fitz offers Forsberg a massive deal he can just leave as an UFA in 2021-22, the team would face the trade/extend problem with Forsberg just one year after trading for him. He can easily turn into a rental just like Johansson did and just as Gusev probably will.

The Devils aren’t good enough to spend a ton to get a winger a season and a half away from free agency. And that’s ignoring the fact that the team’s bigger need is on defense and assets should be directed towards that.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL

Agree but we aren't at this point yet, we're not even close to being it. When Hughes, Nico, Smith and Bratt will be in their primes draft pick will just be starting his NHL career (if he makes it to the show) and Forsberg will be on decline.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

VDRomano

Feb 10, 2013
Let’s just hope that if Fitzgerald decides to move Palmieri he does a better job in recovering assets than Shero did with Hall. The Devils got an arguably better return for Coleman.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I appreciate what you're saying about Wood, and I agree that his unique characteristics are valuable.

That said, bear in mind that his caphit is $1m higher than Coleman. Moreover, the expansion draft will limit teams who will be interested, as many will be mindful of their protection slots. The two week delay for Canadian teams will also virtually eliminate 25% of the potential market for him, thereby drastically reducing the odds of a bidding war. Recall that there were many teams interested in Coleman, including the Avs who were rumoured to have had a trade offer accepted for him that was obviously lower than Tampa's offer.

If 1st + Foote is what you want I think you'll find that teams look elsewhere as there's no shortage of forwards available at this years deadline.
Remember the Devils can easily retain salary.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Let’s just hope that if Fitzgerald decides to move Palmieri he does a better job in recovering assets than Shero did with Hall. The Devils got an arguably better return for Coleman.
what....?

the Devils got #18 (Dawson Mercer who is lighting up the Q this year) and Kevin Bahl for a few months of Taylor Hall. Also, if it weren't for the Covid pause/restart last year, that pick would have been in the top 10.

not to mention Nick Merkley

Mercer (#18), Bahl, Merkley > Mukhamadullin (#20) & Foote

Last edited:

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
what....?

the Devils got #18 (Dawson Mercer who is lighting up the Q this year) and Kevin Bahl for a few months of Taylor Hall. Also, if it weren't for the Covid pause/restart last year, that pick would have been in the top 10.

not to mention Nick Merkley

Mercer (#18), Bahl, Merkley > Mukhamadullin (#20) & Foote
Yeah Fitz got good returns
Mercer is playing better than Holtz rn
We wanted more but I think when Buf moves him, we will all be happy with what we got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad