Proposal: NJ-PIT

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I figured. I just recall some Pens fans considering him a potential logjam casualty not too long ago.

I think alot of that talk about moving Dumo was directed at the GM in the proverbial fan spirit of "DO SOMETHING" after the weak ass playoff exit last spring. And Dumo was/is a valuable trade chip as he's still in his prime. In fact I remember Devils fans bringing his name up last year an asking about availability.

But with the insane injury curse we had on our D at the start of the year, Olivier-Joseph came up and performed well, albeit for a rookie. I think, personally, once that happened and it was clear we had two guys in POJ (20) and Marino (23) that could probably be counted on for years to come, I felt alot more comfortable moving the 24-year old Petts and hanging on to Dumo who is five years older.

And this year, on the merits, it's no contest who to keep. Dumo has been a rock since he came back and his stability has Letang look better too. While Petts has regressed from last year. Good player and I'm sure he will turn it around, but the Pens don't have many trade chips these days and you gotta give to get.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Dumoulin finally looks like his old self, and Pettersson hasn't shaken the injury to regain his early season form. Right now we need Dumo unless Petts puts it together ASAP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad