NJ Hfboards Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Keeper League Discussion)

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
We are now full, everyone good luck in the draft.

For those you missed out signing up, if you like I can put you on a 'reserve list' in which you will be contacted if we have a GM that wants to pull out, or not committed to managing his team.

I won't finalize teams until the week before the draft

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I have changed the max teams settings to 16 team which will remain as is going forward - so there are 3 teams still available.

I think 16 is a good number because I want every team having the chance to play in the playoffs, whether it be the top 8 going for the title and bragging rights on this board, or the bottom 8 going for 1st overall pick in next years draft (a chance at McDavid or Eichel).

16 teams is awfully tight in a league with a 3-goalie-appearance minimum. There are only 30 NHL teams. So by definition, some of this league's teams will not have two starting goalies. And the teams that don't have two starting goalies... are going to be in danger of missing a 3 goalie appearance minimum often.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
There's an absolute minimum of 60 goalies in the NHL. I was in a league like that last year, it wasn't much of an issue.

Also, is anyone still doing the regular Devils board leagues this year?

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
I'm interested if there is still space. Is this head to head or rotisserie?

I would strongly encourage dropping GWG. It's a pretty random stat, especially if its a head to head/weekly league. SHP are pretty random too, but I see some strategic value in wanting guys who play SH minutes.

theking72

Confucius Ackbar
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
NJ
I'm team # 7, currently Status Quo, f/k/a/ Marty's Fault's Team. You just can't have two possessives in a row, Yahoo should know that.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Alright, I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to commit my full attention to this, and I'm busy on the draft date, so I'm gonna drop. Not sure how we wanna figure out who takes over.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Alright, I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to commit my full attention to this, and I'm busy on the draft date, so I'm gonna drop. Not sure how we wanna figure out who takes over.

Thanks for letting me know. I will delete your team from the league once I have found a replacement.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I'm interested if there is still space. Is this head to head or rotisserie?

I would strongly encourage dropping GWG. It's a pretty random stat, especially if its a head to head/weekly league. SHP are pretty random too, but I see some strategic value in wanting guys who play SH minutes.

I've put you on a reserve list at number 2.

It looks like we have one team dropping out before the draft. If lukester can't take over, I will send you a PM to join. Stay tuned.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Draft is set for next Saturday, random order.
There is a possibility that I won't be online for the draft as I will be in New Orleans that weekend getting tanked on Bourbon St so if you have any questions, please let me know by Tuesday.
Good luck to all involved, as this is a first year keeper league, it is probably the one draft you dont want to stuff up. Let's hope my pre rankings will hold me in good step.

Semak

Anyone want to take over my keeper league team? I'm not going to be able to put in the time to run it. I already PMed PS so hopefully it will be available soon and before the draft.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Are the above stats all the stats that we have to take in to consideration when drafting. I have never been in a league with that many stats to keep watch of. Would a player like St Louis be better than Ovechkin since his power play points, plus minus, pim are better. Using this as a example. Are all of these statistics weighed evenly. Even goals and assists?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad