Proposal: NJ/EDM

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hughes can't keep the puck out the net, unless Fitz moves on a goalie, which I don't see him doing right now, the season is done for.
If Hughes is tired of pulling pucks out of the net.

I have one slightly used Jack Campbell that is experienced in pulling them out.

Only partially being sarcastic.

I dont think the Oilers would move Broberg in a deal for a rental, I would be interested in Toffoli though.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Philip Broberg for Tyler Toffoli

Oilers get another scoring winger and the Devils get some more depth on defense. Retention could be done on Toffoli as well as it would be needed. Or NJ could take an expiring contract to offset the cost.

Who adds, and what do they add?

Kudos for posting the trade. :)

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
No interest in another defenseman right now.
Our need is a goalie. Not sure if Toffoli is a match with a team that has a goalie available., but if I were to sell him closer to the deadline I would try to get a first even with another asset and/or retaining and then later swap that for a goalie.
We don’t need Broberg.

If Edmonton wants Toffoli it is going to be more of a Toffoli(50%), smith(6-7 depth D and good pk), and a 4-5th rounder for a first and maybe some salary for the remainder of the year.

Then swap the first etc for a goalie.
We won't need to add onto TT retained half to get a 1st (if we're out and selling). Bahl sucks so don't know why you think we don't need D. We actually need a top D IF they intend on salvaging this yr.

Guelkey

Mar 7, 2008
I Understand Toffoli is a good player. Imo the preference would be to package Broberg, 1sts etc for a higher end younger player. Also, not sayin said player is available. As most teams look to keep them. Was more a statement of my own preference.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What about doing a bigger trade including Campbell, broberg, brown(with his bonus) plus picks(2025 1st,2026 3rd) for daws, tofolli, nemec.
I'm pretty sure the Devils laugh anything involving Nemec right out of the room, and that's before the involvement of Campbell. If we had Nemec, I sure wouldn't be giving him up for futures and cap dumps.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
What about doing a bigger trade including Campbell, broberg, brown(with his bonus) plus picks(2025 1st,2026 3rd) for daws, tofolli, nemec.
You added 2 cap dumps and the Devils add Daws and Nemec???? Ya that's not close, like at all.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No interest in another defenseman right now.
Our need is a goalie. Not sure if Toffoli is a match with a team that has a goalie available., but if I were to sell him closer to the deadline I would try to get a first even with another asset and/or retaining and then later swap that for a goalie.
We don’t need Broberg.

If Edmonton wants Toffoli it is going to be more of a Toffoli(50%), smith(6-7 depth D and good pk), and a 4-5th rounder for a first and maybe some salary for the remainder of the year.

Then swap the first etc for a goalie.
We want to ship out a defenceman, not add another 6-7. The only defencemen we want to add are upgrades on the likes of Ceci.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Makes no sense to move a cost controlled nearly ready prospect like Broberg for a rental. Broberg will be providing quality 3rd pair minutes as these playoffs or as soon as next year. He will be a fit in the spot or more for atleast 4 years. This will save the Oilers about 2M per year which is huge and needed for their cap situation.

If Toffoli can come with an extension pre-negotiated then it makes some sense for both teams.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
We want to ship out a defenceman, not add another 6-7. The only defencemen we want to add are upgrades on the likes of Ceci.
I didnt make the proposal. I’m not sure what your needs are. I just addressed our needs and had a throw in added to Toffoli.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Oh cool, we can give you Jack Campbell then.

I have little interest in Toffoli. Other forward options would be far preferable for me. Either a better rw, or a 3C.
If you were responding to the original proposal that was one individual's thought. I was just being silly since in my view NJ does not need another prospect defender at all. Unless NJ is clearly out of the running as the TDL gets closer they aren't a seller anyway. I'm sure Broberg can return a good piece for EDM. Maybe Tarasenko on OTT is a more palatable target for you compared to Toffoli? I'd like to see EDM make a run in the West. McDavid should be a crown jewel for the league in the US and long playoff run would help with that.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If you were responding to the original proposal that was one individual's thought. I was just being silly since in my view NJ does not need another prospect defender at all. Unless NJ is clearly out of the running as the TDL gets closer they aren't a seller anyway. I'm sure Broberg can return a good piece for EDM. Maybe Tarasenko on OTT is a more palatable target for you compared to Toffoli? I'd like to see EDM make a run in the West. McDavid should be a crown jewel for the league in the US and long playoff run would help with that.
I prefer Tarasenko, but honestly, I really would like to get a player with term if we are trading futures. Not sure if that's possible right now though.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I prefer Tarasenko, but honestly, I really would like to get a player with term if we are trading futures. Not sure if that's possible right now though.
Absolute no to Tarasenko. I would easily chooze Tofolli over Tarasenko.

I don’t disagree with the preference to get a player with an extra year, than an expiring term, if we’re including some better assets.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreeningOil

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
He's on target for 37 goals this year
Broberg is on pace for 0 goals and 0 assists this year!

I apologize for the previous poster suggesting Broberg is better. That is utter nonsense!

Broberg does have pedigree value, however has a ways to go to be an NHL regular. I would do the original trade if the cap works

Reactions: Smitty426

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He's on target for 37 goals this year
He's producing well. That's never been my issue with him, he always seems to produce well in the right scenario. I'm just not sold on him being the fit where the Oilers need him. I don't like his pacing, I'm not sure if that's a fit for Edmonton.

Maybe I still hate him because he was a Flame and King though. Or maybe I'm still bitter because he bombed in my fantasy pool one year. At least I learned to never draft an LA King, ha ha.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
He's producing well. That's never been my issue with him, he always seems to produce well in the right scenario. I'm just not sold on him being the fit where the Oilers need him. I don't like his pacing, I'm not sure if that's a fit for Edmonton.

Maybe I still hate him because he was a Flame and King though. Or maybe I'm still bitter because he bombed in my fantasy pool one year. At least I learned to never draft an LA King, ha ha.
He's streaky and that's tough. His post season winning pedigree is what your paying for. It's invaluable, but I hear ya.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad