NJ Devils v NY Rangers at MSG, 7 EDT, NHLN, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The op's main point stands. If we had players that all collectively had a wee bit of asshole in them, we could weather this shit, but the truth is we are soooo devoid of that sort of stuff that Fitz actually had to go out to purchase a 100% bona fide goony goon. He may go out and get another. This is the exact opposite of what we want.

You bring in a Palat, and a Toffoli, and a Haula for some basic jam, but the hell if those guys are going to make a peep when the other team has four or so guys on the ice that have *at least* the same level and likely 4x as much facewashing skill. They just try to disappear into the backdrop ASAP - I think there were multiple times where guys like that all go trying to find Panarin during a scrum. I'd only trust Lazar right now to even make a peep and forecheck, or grab someone during a scrum.

Siegs is a nice guy. Swiss, for chissakes. That's how nice. I think Bahl *could* go hulk mode if someone got under his skin, but... Dougie? Marino? Luke? If Brandon Smith were a true, good defensemen, then that would help.

It bothers me that Nemec HAS to stand up for himself out there or get boarded game after game like he's been. It bothers me that NICO might have to be the guy to answer.

The point? Rebuild the bottom 6. If there's a top6 guy with annoying qualities and an RFA contract or might be a value trade, please be in on it.
While you're generally right, Siegs was the one who went after Rempe when he had the hit on Bastian. I don't think it was an accident he both targeted him and waved goodbye as he went off last night

Reactions: billingtons ghost

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Our players aren’t going to target another team’s stars and have the team “eat the fines”. No team does this.

People act like we’re the only fanbase to have a meltdown over this sort of thing but we aren’t.

Yet players on other teams never exact any of sort of retribution some people here are fantasizing about.*

We’ll get some fights, some scrums and some misconducts. It will be goofy and/or anti-climactic.

*No going back to 80s or 90s, with guys clubbing each other with sticks and steroided out enforcers punching each other bloody. (Not sure the retribution was all that great back then either but it was a different time.)
While I'm not for targeting other teams star players... Even the Blackhawks pushed back against us after Benard was injured... guys like Brett Seney were taking runs at our players.. this team just has a soft mentality

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You people are nuts, I very much doubt the Rangers scratch anyone with 7 game left in the season.

If anyone has examples of teams scratching multiple stars that early, specifically because they’re scared of the other team being mean to them, I would love to see it.

And it’s hilarious that anyone thinks another team would be specifically afraid of this year’s Devils squad in particular, so much so that they scratch players to avoid us.

That never happens with any team but it would somehow happen here, because Rempe makes everyone really mad?

You can keep thinking this is some sort of epic blood feud, but other than Rempe, the Rags don’t even care. If we’re chippier, we’re chippier.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The first time MacDermid even looks crosswise at a Rangers player in the next game (if he's even dressed) he'll probably get a 10 minute misconduct to "keep things under control" anyway.

Reactions: billingtons ghost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad