NJ Devils v NY Rangers at MSG, 7 EDT, NHLN, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The Devils post trade deadline slog continues. Tonight the fanbase is treated to the potential of a world shocking display against the team everyone loves to hate....

Oh who are we kidding....

With any luck the Devils will be incendiary tonight.....

As if! We are more likely just spinning our wheels....

But to end this on an upbeat tone.....we can all hope that at the end of this one we are all

Lineups:

NJ

Hughes Haula Bratt
Tierney Lazar Mercer
Palat Hischier Meier
MacDermid Nosek Holtz
Foote?

Siegenthaler Marino
Hughes Nemec
Smith Lovejoy (Bahl)

Edit: Kahkonen to start Daws to back up (Allen apparently not cleared to play before the weekend - not sure if injury or visa related)

NY Rangers:

Does it matter? Really? It could be our parents and we'd boo them in that jersey and arena.

Edit: Trouba is out for the Rangers and Fox is a game time decision due to illness. I guess they made him clean the bathrooms in Penn Stations and he caught derelict pox. Hopefully he heals up nicely after the game tonight.

LGD!! I mean, it's the Rangers you always want to beat them. If for no other reason than to avoid the nonsense the mouth breathing portion of their fanbase will post on the main boards if it gets ugly for NJ tonight.

Last edited:

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
IMG_2881.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You may find yourself behind a bunch of shitty teams like Washington, Detroit and the Islanders. You may find yourself with fewer points than Brunette’s mediocre team over in Nashville. And you may find yourself with two more years of paying Lindy Ruff to not coach here. And you may find yourself with Travis Green behind the bench.

And you may ask yourself “How the f*** did we get here?”.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
You may find yourself behind a bunch of shitty teams like Washington, Detroit and the Islanders. You may find yourself with fewer points than Brunette’s mediocre team over in Nashville. And you may find yourself with two more years of paying Lindy Ruff to not coach here. And you may find yourself with Travis Green behind the bench.

And you may ask yourself “How the f*** did we get here?”.
Letting the days go by, let the defense hold me down
Letting the days go by, Luke's mistakes go underground
Into the blue again, after playoff hope is gone
Once in a lifetime, RangerDoggo might be found

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Tierney getting top 9 minutes is brilliant. Just brilliant!! Keep icing the puck when you can clearly get to the line, you dope!!

This player brings absolutely nothing to the table but by golly, Holtz makes way too many mistakes!! He’s been awful all year…Fitz will tell you.

This is by far the most maddening Devils team I’ve ever rooted for.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tierney getting top 9 minutes is brilliant. Just brilliant!! Keep icing the puck when you can clearly get to the line, you dope!!

This player brings absolutely nothing to the table but by golly, Holtz makes way too many mistakes!! He’s been awful all year…Fitz will tell you.

This is by far the most maddening Devils team I’ve ever rooted for.
I’m not one of the “Fitz sat on his hands all year and did absolutely nothing. Didn’t get us a goalie! Didn’t make any trades! Didn’t fire Ruff!” People.

But the fact that the first real move we made this year was trading for Kurtis MacDermid is absolutely insulting.

I was enjoying doing absolutely nothing more than the pattern interrupt that was acquiring a goon in the year 2024 A.D.

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
Should not care, should've given up all hope but can't turn down a NYR/NJD game. Quick in net, Trouba out, Fox potentially out, this should theoretically be a much "easier" game than CAR.

Would love to see Mac who has been an absolute plug and takes at minimum 1 bad penalty a game get one w/ Rempe. There is no player I hate more in the league than that plug. Successful dump in, fans go nuts, loud (not necessarily hard) hit on the boards, fans go nuts.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Me when Devils somehow win tonight and someone contributes MacDermid's probable fight with Rempe as the reason why

Should not care, should've given up all hope but can't turn down a NYR/NJD game. Quick in net, Trouba out, Fox potentially out, this should theoretically be a much "easier" game than CAR.

Would love to see Mac who has been an absolute plug and takes at minimum 1 bad penalty a game get one w/ Rempe. There is no player I hate more in the league than that plug. Successful dump in, fans go nuts, loud (not necessarily hard) hit on the boards, fans go nuts.

Well, the timing of this post and what I said is incredibly ironic :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Sdevils42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad