Nintendo Switch #3: More than 1 year later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
oh it's fun. i played it several times too.
just each their own i suppose.

I grew up on FFVI and Chrono Trigger. I was ready to love Octopath but it just never came together: the story and characters are not very engaging and the dungeons aren't fun because they are very short and very simple. The battle system was decent but it lead to regular battles taking quite a bit of time and it got to be too much.

The soundtrack is glorious though.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Beat Astral Chain yesterday and my goodness what a run it was. My favorite game of the year so far. I certainly it sells enough to make sure a sequel comes along =)

I grew up on FFVI and Chrono Trigger. I was ready to love Octopath but it just never came together: the story and characters are not very engaging and the dungeons aren't fun because they are very short and very simple. The battle system was decent but it lead to regular battles taking quite a bit of time and it got to be too much.

The soundtrack is glorious though.

I also loved OT, very engaging and fun combat, beautiful and an amazing soundtrack. I enjoyed the characters, Alfyn and Tressa probably my favorite ones. I do understand however why some people dont like the story, since they really didnt grow together but if you look at the stories of the different characters as stand alone ones I think it's better.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
at least i got Celeste on sale. while it sucks wasting 15 or so dollars - at least it wasn't full price. I can see why it's good but my carpal tunnel was like NOPE NOPE NOPE... (too much ZL holding).

Reactions: Pilky01

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
i have played it 5 times.
I've clocked almsot 500 hours

and i wanna play again.
i <3 this game.

Holy Moses I’m jealous. I’m almost 20 hours in. I’m so glad they made a great one after the disappointment that was Fates.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Holy Moses I’m jealous. I’m almost 20 hours in. I’m so glad they made a great one after the disappointment that was Fates.

side benefit of being part time (though i am thankful my new contract is kicking in).
as much as people think it's easy or what not - honestly. its just enough difficulty for me, you can really cultivate builds and then get the skills back for other playthroughs. This is my favourite (Echoes was my very favourite until this).

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I wish I had your time :laugh:

lol like is said a good chunk of it was summer and being part time and waiting for my new contract to kick in. i start my new job soon so lol maybe not so much time to clock in so much work.

(but i literally adore this game. i started yet a sixth time, and i am already deep into it. it's more so for the battles, and skill grinding now but even that's fun for me).

Reactions: CPTN71

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah, Three Houses is up there with BOTW and Hollow Knight as the best switch games.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I havent been able to put a lot of time into it yet, but ive been enjoying Astral Chain. Its not as long as I would initially like but I may end up doing a 2nd playthrough anyways.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I havent been able to put a lot of time into it yet, but ive been enjoying Astral Chain. Its not as long as I would initially like but I may end up doing a 2nd playthrough anyways.

Still f***ing miffed as hell that the Collector's Edition for that game and Daemon X Machina didn't come to NA at all.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Still ****ing miffed as hell that the Collector's Edition for that game and Daemon X Machina didn't come to NA at all.
Really?? I honestly didn't even know that there was a Collectors Edition even made.
Unless it was only available on the store

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I need to check but Luigi's Mansion might be the only thing im really looking forward to for the remainder of the year for the Switch

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Japan and Europe only... because of course...
That crap drives me insane sometimes.
I obviously don't know the issues behind why some places cant get collectors editions but I really hope it comes to an end one day and it can just be made available for everyone no matter where you live

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Celeste is one of the tightest and most well designed platformers ever. The only objection I can see is if you reject platformers as a genre altogether, IMO.

It handily beats just about everything that isn't a top-shelf 2D Mario from Nintendo's prime. And even then.... you could probably still reasonably argue in its favor.
I am right there with you.

Have you played Chapter 9 yet? Its no joke.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
at least i got Celeste on sale. while it sucks wasting 15 or so dollars - at least it wasn't full price. I can see why it's good but my carpal tunnel was like NOPE NOPE NOPE... (too much ZL holding).
I get that.

The game definitely has me shaking out my hands every few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad